Archive » US » British Citizen - Work in US (Baisc Question)
Member # 1282
|Posted September 24, 2003 12:10 PM |
Just got my British Citizenship and UK Passport and working as IT completed 5 years in UK.
1. If, I want to work in US what type of visa I need?
2. Is it possible to vist US and find job and apply for better visa staying in the country?
please point in the right direction.
Member # 7178
|Posted September 26, 2003 01:28 PM |
In answer to your question, you'd definitely need an H1B to work in the US. It doesn't really matter if you're a UK citizen. Obviously, using your passport you'd be able to enter America for \ 3 month duration as a visitor, without a visa. You can then potentially find a company to sponsor you an H1B.
Member # 1282
|Posted September 29, 2003 08:09 PM |
* Applied on 14th Aug 2003
* 25th Aug Letter of Oath.
* 4th Sept Naturalization certificate.
* Took appoinment at London Victoria passport office for fast track passport (67pounds) on 12th and got the passport on 15th Monday morning).
Everything was cool.... chilled.
But, I did my naturalisation through my personal solicator.
Member # 7178
|Posted September 29, 2003 10:39 PM |
Wow, your citizenship was super quick. Fantastic news. Congratulations. I still have 8 months to go before I can apply for my citizenship, but was curious to know the timescales and so on.
Thanks for the info.
Member # 6701
|Posted October 05, 2003 06:15 PM |
You seem to be an Indian citizen before getting the British Citizenship. Are you aware of the implications ongoing back and working in India again as India does not allow dual citizenship yet.
1. Did you surrender your Indian passport before getting British Passport or if you are yet to get British Passport - do you know when you have to surrender / cancel your Indian passport ?
2. Visiting India should not be a problem with with mult-entry 5 year visa or PIO (Persons of Indian Origin) Card.
However, what is the impact on your ability to work in India ? Would you need a visa to work there ?
I read somewhere that if you want to get the Indian Passport again you need to reside in India for 5 years again and then apply for the Indian passport (similar to what you did in the UK).
Considering all jobs are going to that side of the globe one may wonder whether to get BC or not ? And the differential in salaries nearly getting negligible. Ooh la la....
3. One question not much relevant here - but someone asked me - are you now eligible for social security benefits as you have become BC ?
Would anyone else like to share their info or view.
Contact Us | workpermit.com | New discussion board
(c) workpermit.com 2001-2004