ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:16 am

TheJuryMustDie wrote:Just called the HO to enquire about the status of my application. The lad on the other side said my application hadn't been allocated to a case-worker yet.

When I inquired as to the delay in allocating it, he said it might be that they'd need further information or carrying out investigations.

Now, the wait is made even more unbearable :?

@Jurymustdie Totally Agree mate .

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:21 am

Just called HO ..... The lady on phone took all the details and to my surprise kept me on hold :shock: ........ :shock: came back and confirmed that the application is still under consideration and it has been allocated to case worker and I need to wait for decision

I had to put words into her mouth to get answers so I'm not totally convinced by her information .........Might call HO next year ;-)

Lets see .... Till than watching a never ending game Track and Trace on Royal mail website . every hour after 6.00 pm ;-)

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:24 am

HAahahhahahhahaha,,,,,,

Seems when you type M O V I E in the post and submit it comes as Rubbish ;-) ahhahahahahhahahahah

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:49 pm

@spactus any update mate ;-) your's is long due

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:01 pm

maddysheffield wrote:Just called HO ..... The lady on phone took all the details and to my surprise kept me on hold :shock: ........ :shock: came back and confirmed that the application is still under consideration and it has been allocated to case worker and I need to wait for decision

I had to put words into her mouth to get answers so I'm not totally convinced by her information .........Might call HO next year ;-)

Lets see .... Till than watching a never ending game Track and Trace on Royal mail website . every hour after 6.00 pm ;-)
Couldn't wait till next year :-)

Called HO again just to reconfirm and I got entirely different message ...Application is not yet allocated to case worker ( This time they asked me when does my current Visa expires ???????????? Any forum members who have been asked the same question??????????????????????? Please let me know

Thanks

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:15 pm

maddysheffield wrote:
maddysheffield wrote:Just called HO ..... The lady on phone took all the details and to my surprise kept me on hold :shock: ........ :shock: came back and confirmed that the application is still under consideration and it has been allocated to case worker and I need to wait for decision

Called HO again just to reconfirm and I got entirely different message ...Application is not yet allocated to case worker ( This time they asked me when does my current Visa expires ???????????? Any forum members who have been asked the same question??????????????????????? Please let me know

Thanks
They did ask me same question last week, so I assume that they also prioritise applications based on applicants visa expiry date.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:36 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
maddysheffield wrote:

Thanks
They did ask me same question last week, so I assume that they also prioritise applications based on applicants visa expiry date.

oh kay , I have visa till March 30 2015 ........ so they will ignore my application till others who's visa is going to expire

To understand if HO is prioritising we need some members who received their approvals to let us know when their present visa was going to expire ..

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:11 pm

[/quote]

Thanks[/quote]

They did ask me same question last week, so I assume that they also prioritise applications based on applicants visa expiry date.[/quote]

oh kay , I have visa till March 30 2015 ........ so they will ignore my application till others who's visa is going to expire

To understand if HO is prioritising we need some members who received their approvals to let us know when their present visa was going to expire ..[/quote]

There are other factors as well and every application is unique

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:14 pm

if someone can call HO and confirm if they will deal with applications on Date Basis or on the basis if the applicant's present visa expiry date on priority base please

( I have called them twice today :-)).

Number @HO : 0300 123 2241

You would need your Case ID , Name, Nationality and Date of Birth .

Thanks In advance .

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:44 pm

maddysheffield wrote:if someone can call HO and confirm if they will deal with applications on Date Basis or on the basis if the applicant's present visa expiry date on priority base please

Thanks In advance .
They always tell you they deal applications based on when they received them. However, I am not sure why did he ask for visa expiry date, so I assumed may be visa expiry date is also one of the factor of their priority.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:51 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
maddysheffield wrote:if someone can call HO and confirm if they will deal with applications on Date Basis or on the basis if the applicant's present visa expiry date on priority base please

Thanks In advance .
They always tell you they deal applications based on when they received them. However, I am not sure why did he ask for visa expiry date, so I assumed may be visa expiry date is also one of the factor of their priority.

@ Arsal385 Your assumption might be true :-) because as I said they for the first time asked me for Visa expiry date :shock: lets get someone else call HO and ask a straight forward question ....about visa Dates thing which will make things absolutely clear for us .

Guys can some call HO number above

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:40 pm

Hmm Fixed Tracker to my knowledge :-) . does show all the info we usually look for but definitely not the way it used to be :( .

Waiting for some moderators to fix it efficiently ie in a perfect state :-)

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:29 pm

i do not agree that HO gives priority to those applicant whose visa is going to expire soon as if this is the case which is baseless concept then there are members who applied and there current leave to remain still exist until end of 2015 including me so should we wait for all those applicants who visa have expired or nearly expired?? if this is really the way HO deals then best of luck to me as i will get my decision February or March 2016.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:31 pm

Not a single approval on thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ridiculous :lol: :lol: pathetic :D :D unacceptable :P :P intolerable :lol: :lol:

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:42 pm

shahfurqan wrote:i do not agree that HO gives priority to those applicant whose visa is going to expire soon as if this is the case which is baseless concept then there are members who applied and there current leave to remain still exist until end of 2015 including me so should we wait for all those applicants who visa have expired or nearly expired?? if this is really the way HO deals then best of luck to me as i will get my decision February or March 2016.

@Shahfurqan I agree but why did they ask me for my Visa expiry date ;-) I called them many times they never asked me However today they asked me thats why I requested any of the members to Dial HO and ask direct question :-)

Looking at the tracker its not the way at all ..... some guys who have visas valid till 2016 have got their ILRs on time so you are right mate ;-)

But this needs checking though why they are asking this " when does your visa expire question ;- :oops:

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:08 pm

maddysheffield wrote:
shahfurqan wrote:i do not agree that HO gives priority to those applicant whose visa is going to expire soon as if this is the case which is baseless concept then there are members who applied and there current leave to remain still exist until end of 2015 including me so should we wait for all those applicants who visa have expired or nearly expired?? if this is really the way HO deals then best of luck to me as i will get my decision February or March 2016.

@Shahfurqan I agree but why did they ask me for my Visa expiry date ;-) I called them many times they never asked me However today they asked me thats why I requested any of the members to Dial HO and ask direct question :-)

Looking at the tracker its not the way at all ..... some guys who have visas valid till 2016 have got their ILRs on time so you are right mate ;-)

But this needs checking though why they are asking this " when does your visa expire question ;- :oops:
@maddy,keep trust and faith strong on Almighty as they could ask any question they want and trust me staff sitting behind computers is not necessarily means to be well trained but i will strongly advice you do not stress up and do not make calls quite often as you will get more frustrated and you will not get same answer from every operator but every operator will have a different story to tell and will ask you different question.I called last week and then i was regretting for my call as even after three months what they had for me that they have received my application.just chill up and take n easy.

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:09 pm

HI I have been married to a British citizen for more than 3 years now and currently on a Spouse Visa! Can someone please confirm whether I can apply directly for Naturalization or I will have to apply for ILR first in any event?

Many thanks in advance for you help.

Regards

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:09 pm

HI I have been married to a British citizen for more than 3 years now and currently on a Spouse Visa! Can someone please confirm whether I can apply directly for Naturalization or I will have to apply for ILR first in any event?

Regards

ali45

Post by ali45 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:20 pm

Hello dear friends
one of my close friend got his ILR today
Application sent:4/09/2014
Approval date: 27/12/2014
thanks.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:32 pm

Still.Waiting wrote:HI I have been married to a British citizen for more than 3 years now and currently on a Spouse Visa! Can someone please confirm whether I can apply directly for Naturalization or I will have to apply for ILR first in any event?

Regards
@still waiting,mate i am pretty much sure you cannot straightaway apply for naturalization as you have to have get your ilr first and then you will be eligible for naturalization.

TheJuryMustDie

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:55 pm

Called the HO three times today, three times I was given conflicting/different information.

Also, not sure if they process applications on a first-come-first-served basis or else how can you explain 17th and 20th Sept. applicants getting responses a week ago while early Sept. applications for many others haven't been allocated to case-workers?

It's annoyingly pathetic having to wait this long for an application you pay over a thousand £ for to be prpcessed. If the HO was a private enterprise, they would have been liquidated only months after their formation as no one would patronise them.

They are beyond appalling!

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:42 pm

TheJuryMustDie wrote:Called the HO three times today, three times I was given conflicting/different information.

Also, not sure if they process applications on a first-come-first-served basis or else how can you explain 17th and 20th Sept. applicants getting responses a week ago while early Sept. applications for many others haven't been allocated to case-workers?

It's annoyingly pathetic having to wait this long for an application you pay over a thousand £ for to be prpcessed. If the HO was a private enterprise, they would have been liquidated only months after their formation as no one would patronise them.

True but do not forget mate that the standard time for set lr is six months and this is the more simple answers they could always give you and you cannot challenge them as it is clearly mentioned in the processing time.its definitely heart burning when applicants who submitted their applications later then people who submitted early and they get decision but end of day there is nothing we could really do about besides to wait,wait and wait

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:51 pm

vinny wrote:Just say child is entitled to, and will, register for British citizenship immediately after a parent is granted ILR.

They may impose extra financial burden on spouse's FLR(M), due to child, before child becomes British.

Thanks very much Vinny for the answer. However it is something new and worrying for me as I have one daughter who is two years old who born in the UK. I have read the link you included but really don't the implications of this on my wife's case eg. Different Financial requirent required or any other. I thought it should not be any problem for her to apply BC once I obtain ILR. now don't know how to handle this. Can you shed the more light as to what likely to happen here. I truly appreciate your help. Many thanks.

Regards
Baz

TheJuryMustDie

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:37 pm

shahfurqan wrote:
TheJuryMustDie wrote:Called the HO three times today, three times I was given conflicting/different information.

True but do not forget mate that the standard time for set lr is six months and this is the more simple answers they could always give you and you cannot challenge them as it is clearly mentioned in the processing time.its definitely heart burning when applicants who submitted their applications later then people who submitted early and they get decision but end of day there is nothing we could really do about besides to wait,wait and wait
I know, but processing such applications shouldn't take half a year and a thousand pounds, should it? :roll:

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:47 pm

TheJuryMustDie wrote:
shahfurqan wrote:

I know, but processing such applications shouldn't take half a year and a thousand pounds, should it? :roll:
well,that is our choice/compulsion to apply for am afraid not theirs and they not forcing us to apply