ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If Tier 1 refused - effect on app for 2 year visitors Visa?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

paw2002
Newly Registered

If Tier 1 refused - effect on app for 2 year visitors Visa?

Post by paw2002 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:57 pm

Hi, I am 65 yo South African male, who had pretty severe Polio as child (torso/upper legs), but lived a productive life, started a Motor Spares business in 1983, which was sold to a larger company. This company now has over 200 outlets, of which I was the manager of my branch. I took medical boarding in 2008, due to the increasing physicality of the job. I now wish to apply for an Entrepreneurial Visa. (200,000). I will invest the funds in one of my sons businesses, become a Director & draw a salary.I applied for a Visa in 2008, on compassionate grounds, due to the regular power outages etc. but was rejected, as well as the appeals. I use a cpap machine to help me breath at night, as I have Sleep Apnoea, (a syndrome which also affects otherwise perfectly healthy people),& steady electricity is essential. Although the field I was in, is different to this feild, my business acumen,on the administrative aspect, would apply to virtually any business. ... My query is, would: 1) my disability, 2) my age, 3) the fact that I would invest in my son's business, be detrimental to a successful application?
Also, if I fail in this particular application, do you think that it would have an adverse effect on then applying for a 2 years visitors visa, ... bearing in mind that I have received visitors visa's, on 3 occasions after my 2008 rejection... Any advice is appreciated. Thanks (P.S. a complicated scenario I know!) :)

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: If Tier 1 refused - effect on app for 2 year visitors Vi

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:19 pm

My query is, would: 1) my disability, 2) my age, 3) the fact that I would invest in my son's business, be detrimental to a successful application?
No it should not in theory. However UKVI needs to be convinced that the purpose of your application is not to simply reunite with your son in the UK instead of pursuing mainly a business venture. You are claiming that you want to invest in his business so the case for such investment/business venture needs to be made in the business plan you have to submit. Please bear in mind that Tier 1E route is quite a demanding and complex immigration route. While your business skills and talents are important, the gruelling requirements of Tier 1E visa and the rules need to be considered as well.

You can learn more by reading the official guide: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... trepreneur
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

paw2002
Newly Registered

Post by paw2002 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:58 am

zimba88... Thanks so much for your advice..
Obviously I have some tough decisions to make.
Do you think that with some of the radical things going on here, i.e. the sometimes violent student riots re: demanding free tertiary education, the political statements about taking over the mines etc, amongst many other things. I.e. the huge amount of corruption in almost every state owned entity, to the extent that the general climate does not encourage investment . Nelson Mandela would not have approved !
I am seriously worried that our money will depreciate as has happened to some of our Northern neighbors . That is one of the reasons investing my pension in a business in the U.K. makes sense .
Do you think that this situation would carry any weight in my application?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this matter.
Kind Regards .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:38 am

The current situation in SA (corruption, riots etc) is not considered high risk by the UK government, see FCO link below.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... d-security

As much as we SA citizens believe the situation is bad/getting worse/extreme, unless a full blown civil war breaks out (or a repeat of what happened in Zimbabwe with land grabs etc), these points will have no bearing on any visa application you make. You simply must meet the requirements of the visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

paw2002
Newly Registered

Post by paw2002 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:22 pm

Hi CR001,
Thanks so much for your advice & taken. Yup we truly are "between a rock & a hard place".....
What for SA, is so frustrating is, we all have such potential for a truly great future, but without decent education for all?
The wealthy "powers that be", read mainly politicians children, all go to the finest Private schools... example... all the up and coming rugby & cricket players are very well educated and well spoken and I'm glad for them. The rural & poor students have been forgotten, education & otherwise. Sorry for the rant...
Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:29 pm

Agree completely, there is so much potential. I left almost 9 years ago to give my daughter better opportunities and a better quality of life.

All I can say is do all your research thoroughly on whichever visa route you take. It is tough but gets better with time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.