ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tuiton Fee Refund

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Tuiton Fee Refund

Post by euspouse07 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:22 am

Dear forum members,

I am writing to seek your opinions and advice on the challenges I am facing regarding the refund of my fees from the Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology (MITT) in Winnipeg.

I completed a course online while living outside the canada, as the application processing was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Although I completed the course, my study permit was refused, and I cannot go to Canada. In the absence of a study permit, I cannot apply for the Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). Now, the institute is refusing to refund the fee, citing that the course was completed. However, the Government of Canada’s official website states that the fee must be refunded if the application is refused.

I would appreciate it if you could share your opinions and advice on this matter.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Tuiton Fee Refund

Post by Ticktack » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:20 am

euspouse07 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:22 am
Dear forum members,

I am writing to seek your opinions and advice on the challenges I am facing regarding the refund of my fees from the Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology (MITT) in Winnipeg.

I completed a course online while living outside the canada, as the application processing was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Although I completed the course, my study permit was refused, and I cannot go to Canada. In the absence of a study permit, I cannot apply for the Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). Now, the institute is refusing to refund the fee, citing that the course was completed. However, the Government of Canada’s official website states that the fee must be refunded if the application is refused.

I would appreciate it if you could share your opinions and advice on this matter.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Has a certificate been issued for the completed course? If yes, then the job is done.
The study permit is to allow you to go to Canada and study. At the moment, you're not a student anymore. It would be hard to justify how you don't exactly fall into a category again, but you want a visa based on that category.

In regards to the school, if the top question is answered "yes", then you can't get a refund.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!