ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa for my parents-in-law

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dhamphiir
United Kingdom

Visitor Visa for my parents-in-law

Post by dhamphiir » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:32 am

I and my wife is going to apply for Visitor Visa for my parents-in-law in next month. I and my wife will be sponsoring everything including flight, travel, food, etc within the UK.

I have few question regarding the letter of invitation. Which one is correct letter to write?
1. Can both of us write the letter of invitation to invite my both parents-in-law in one letter?
2. Do we need to make separate letters for my father-in-law and mother-in-law?
3. Do I and my wife need to write the letter of invitation to invite my both parents-in-law in one letter?

If we are going to make online application and we (Sponsor) have all our documents including bank statement, payslip, accommodation letter, etc here in the UK and my parents-in-law have document that has country ties with them in their country.

How can we submit documents as we both have half and half document in another countries?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor Visa for my parents-in-law

Post by Ticktack » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:50 am

dhamphiir wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:32 am
I and my wife is going to apply for Visitor Visa for my parents-in-law in next month. I and my wife will be sponsoring everything including flight, travel, food, etc within the UK.

I have few question regarding the letter of invitation. Which one is correct letter to write?
1. Can both of us write the letter of invitation to invite my both parents-in-law in one letter?
3. Do I and my wife need to write the letter of invitation to invite my both parents-in-law in one letter? Either of you can write a single letter inviting the pair of them.

If we are going to make online application and we (Sponsor) have all our documents including bank statement, payslip, accommodation letter, etc here in the UK and my parents-in-law have document that has country ties with them in their country.

How can we submit documents as we both have half and half document in another countries? You can fill the form from anywhere. You can either scan your docs and send to your in-laws or they scan and send their stuff to you. You just need their login details for the application and can easily upload from anywhere.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

dhamphiir
United Kingdom

Post by dhamphiir » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:39 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:50 am
dhamphiir wrote:

3. Do I and my wife need to write the letter of invitation to invite my both parents-in-law in one letter? Either of you can write a single letter inviting the pair of them.
Can’t joint sponsor (me and my wife) write letter of invitation?
If answer is no to above question then, can my wife write and show both of us financial support like bank statements and payslip by proving that we have enough money to sponsor them for their visa application

How can we submit documents as we both have half and half document in another countries? You can fill the form from anywhere. You can either scan your docs and send to your in-laws or they scan and send their stuff to you. You just need their login details for the application and can easily upload from anywhere.
I will ask them to scan document and send it to me as it was us who is filling up their application form

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:44 pm

dhamphiir wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:39 pm
Ticktack wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:50 am
dhamphiir wrote:

Can’t joint sponsor (me and my wife) write letter of invitation? You can,but it doesn't carry any extra weight.
If answer is no to above question then, can my wife write and show both of us financial support like bank statements and payslip by proving that we have enough money to sponsor them for their visa application Yes she or you can show both your documents. You're both one unit.

I will ask them to scan document and send it to me as it was us who is filling up their application form

dhamphiir
United Kingdom

Post by dhamphiir » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:35 pm

I and my wife are going to full sponsor my parents-in-law to come to the UK.
My father-in-law is retired army and he gets pension every month. He gets Rs. 50,883 pension per month and he also got pension income certificate that he gets Rs. 50,883 per month.

When I looked at his bank statement and I notice there was Rs. 106,082 (November) and Rs. 100,507 (February).
When I asked him about extra money that he got for pension and he said it is bonus.

Is bonus money going to affect the visa application as it clearly states that he gets Rs. 50,833 per month?
Can he explain in cover letter about extra money he is getting as bonus?

dhamphiir
United Kingdom

Post by dhamphiir » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:56 pm

dhamphiir wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:35 pm
I and my wife are going to full sponsor my parents-in-law to come to the UK.
My father-in-law is retired army and he gets pension every month. He gets Rs. 50,883 pension per month and he also got pension income certificate that he gets Rs. 50,883 per month.

When I looked at his bank statement and I notice there was Rs. 106,082 (November) and Rs. 100,507 (February).
When I asked him about extra money that he got for pension and he said it is bonus.

Is bonus money going to affect the visa application as it clearly states that he gets Rs. 50,833 per month?
Can he explain in cover letter about extra money he is getting as bonus?
Can somebody reply this please?

dhamphiir
United Kingdom

Income and expenditure for parents-in-law

Post by dhamphiir » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:22 am

My father in law (FIL) is retired and he gets pension every month. My Mother in law (MIL)is housewife and she has never worked before and she is dependent on FIL financial.
My parent-in-law will coming to the UK for 2 months

Can you please help with Income and Expenditure below?

A. Father in Law:
1. Total amount of regular additional income that you get in a year?
610596.00 NPR (£3,723)
How many months of bank statements does he need to provide for it?
2. How much money do you have in savings (in GBP)?£4,800
3. How much money are you personally planning to spend on your visit to the UK?
£100 (Is £100 correct amount or need to adjust it?)
We are going to sponsor them and pay for everything including flight and expense in the UK.
4. What is the total amount of money you spend each month?
£180
5. Will anyone be paying towards the cost of your visit?
Yes. By me and my wife
6. How much money will they be paying towards your visit?
I have put my detail and put £5,000 on it from my side. Then I have put my wife detail and put £5,000 from my wife side. Is £5,000 high amount to put in here? We have saving around £40k in our bank account
(Flight tickets is around £900-£1200 for return tickets for one person)

Mother in Law:
1. Do you have another income or any savings?
Saving
2.How much money do you have in savings (in GBP)?
£315. She is going to show her bank statement for it.
£100 or £1 (She is fully dependent upon her husband’s financial)
4.What is the total amount of money you spend each month?
£180 or £1
Yes. By me and my wife
Should we put same amount as above as they are coming to the Uk on same date and returning back on same date.

dhamphiir
United Kingdom

Re: Income and expenditure for parents-in-law

Post by dhamphiir » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:25 pm

dhamphiir wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:22 am
My father in law (FIL) is retired and he gets pension every month. My Mother in law (MIL)is housewife and she has never worked before and she is dependent on FIL financial.
My parent-in-law will coming to the UK for 2 months

Can you please help with Income and Expenditure below?

A. Father in Law:
1. Total amount of regular additional income that you get in a year?
610596.00 NPR (£3,723)
How many months of bank statements does he need to provide for it?
2. How much money do you have in savings (in GBP)?£4,800
£100 (Is £100 correct amount or need to adjust it?)
We are going to sponsor them and pay for everything including flight and expense in the UK.
4. What is the total amount of money you spend each month?
£180
Yes. By me and my wife
I have put my detail and put £5,000 on it from my side. Then I have put my wife detail and put £5,000 from my wife side. Is £5,000 high amount to put in here? We have saving around £40k in our bank account
(Flight tickets is around £900-£1200 for return tickets for one person)

Mother in Law:
1. Do you have another income or any savings?
Saving
2.How much money do you have in savings (in GBP)?
£315. She is going to show her bank statement for it.
£100 or £1 (She is fully dependent upon her husband’s financial)
4.What is the total amount of money you spend each month?
£180 or £1
Yes. By me and my wife
Should we put same amount as above as they are coming to the Uk on same date and returning back on same date.
Can someone please reply to this one please?
I am going to apply visitor visa next week.

dhamphiir
United Kingdom

Re: Application has not been straightforward

Post by dhamphiir » Sun May 19, 2024 1:15 pm

Both my parents-in-law got two emails this morning in their email. I am bit confused about second email saying that application has not been straightforward and what HomeOffice is trying to say.

First email
Subject: Your UK visa application has arrived at the UK Visa Section
Dear Customer,
Thank you for your Visa Application which has arrived at the UKVI Decision Making Centre and is now awaiting consideration.
You will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your passport is ready for
collection. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been invited to do so.

Second Email
Regarding Visa Application: GWFXXXXXXXXX
For: Name
Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service, if available), and settlement applications within 120 working days.
Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.
We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun May 19, 2024 4:22 pm

That's a generic email as UKVI cannot make their decisions in time.

There's nothing for them to do, just wait until decision is made.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

dhamphiir
United Kingdom

Re: Processing time

Post by dhamphiir » Wed May 22, 2024 7:26 am

The Gov website says that processing time after submitting the biometric is 3 weeks.

Should we take weekends and public holiday into accounts regarding processing times?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Processing time

Post by meself2 » Wed May 22, 2024 7:52 am

dhamphiir wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:26 am
The Gov website says that processing time after submitting the biometric is 3 weeks.

Should we take weekends and public holiday into accounts regarding processing times?
No, it's working days, but, as per email above, it will take more than that to make a decision in your case.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

dhamphiir
United Kingdom

Post by dhamphiir » Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:27 pm

Both my parents-in-law got an email today saying
“The processed visa application for GWF reference number GWFXXXXXXXXX was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on Jun 03, 2024.
If a courier service was purchased from VFS, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.”

I have few questions regarding above email
1. Does this mean that UKVI has made their decision?
2. If yes to Q1, will they get another email saying that passport is ready to collect or not?
3. Does that mean visa is approved or not?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:10 pm

dhamphiir wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:27 pm
“The processed visa application for GWF reference number GWFXXXXXXXXX was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on Jun 03, 2024.
If a courier service was purchased from VFS, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.”

1. Does this mean that UKVI has made their decision? Most probably Yes
2. If yes to Q1, will they get another email saying that passport is ready to collect or not? The email stated " If a courier service was purchased from VFS, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times"
3. Does that mean visa is approved or not? If no email stating decision they will have to go pick up their passport and look in it for visa vignette.

dhamphiir
United Kingdom

Post by dhamphiir » Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:37 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:10 pm
dhamphiir wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:27 pm

1. Does this mean that UKVI has made their decision? Most probably Yes
2. If yes to Q1, will they get another email saying that passport is ready to collect or not? The email stated " If a courier service was purchased from VFS, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times"
3. Does that mean visa is approved or not? If no email stating decision they will have to go pick up their passport and look in it for visa vignette.
When will they get an email stating decision? Is it before passport collection email?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:46 am

The UKVAS lready wrote that they should come pick up their passports!

dhamphiir
United Kingdom

Post by dhamphiir » Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:52 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:46 am
The UKVAS lready wrote that they should come pick up their passports!
I thought that UKVI will send another email or SMS (they have bought SMS service) to them to collect their passport.
They have not got any email or sms until now.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:47 am

You got the answer in black and white in front of you. Let them go pick up within the UKVCAS passport collection times

dhamphiir
United Kingdom

Post by dhamphiir » Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:52 pm

My worry is that their passport might not be ready for collection as I just checked the status of their application in VFS Global website now (https://www.vfsvisaonline.com/Global-PassportTracking/) and it saying “ The decision is received from UKVI on 03/06/2024 and we will notify you by email when the passport is ready to be collected or if applicable, couriered to your given address.”

They live almost 7 hour far away from VFS Global address and it will be waste of travel for them if their passport is not ready for collection.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:57 am

dhamphiir wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:52 pm
My worry is that their passport might not be ready for collection as I just checked the status of their application in VFS Global website now (https://www.vfsvisaonline.com/Global-PassportTracking/) and it saying “ The decision is received from UKVI on 03/06/2024 and we will notify you by email when the passport is ready to be collected or if applicable, couriered to your given address.”

They live almost 7 hour far away from VFS Global address and it will be waste of travel for them if their passport is not ready for collection.
I'm sure you must have deciphered by now that folks here don't work for the HO. We can only interpret from experience and common sense.

Whomever has the reference number quoted in that email has their passport ready for collection.

It's now left for your in-laws to either go pick it up or leave it there indefinitely waiting for extra clarity. We can't make that choice for you.

As you've previously been told, it's clear as day that passport is ready for pickup.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:33 pm

dhamphiir wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:52 pm
They should have paid for the passport delivery service.

It's the most sensical solution when the applicant lives far away from the VFS Centre, so they don't need to travel to pick up a passport when a decision is made. That service is available in almost all the countries where VFS have operations and also normally offered during the appointment.

dhamphiir
United Kingdom

Post by dhamphiir » Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:46 am

My parents-in-law went to VFS Global today to collect their passport and their visa has been approved.

Thank you everyone that help us

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:57 pm

dhamphiir wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:46 am
My parents-in-law went to VFS Global today to collect their passport and their visa has been approved.

Thank you everyone that help us
Congratulations.