ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

evisa - passport with no chip

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bathanza
United Kingdom

evisa - passport with no chip

Post by bathanza » Mon May 20, 2024 10:47 pm

My husband received an email to replace his BRP with the evisa, but going through all the ID requirements I wasn't able to use the passport to verify his ID as it didn't have a chip. As it didn't scan, it said to send the passport in (which is a no no as he's travelling next few months)

So we used the BRP that has a chip and we have the evisa.

BUT, I was reading the original email and it states that the UKVI account needs to be linked to the passport instead.

Logged into the account now, it states the correct visa type but it does not give information on his passport and that his BRP is the only thing linking to his account which expires 31st Dec this year, oh the joy!

So what I've done now is to update the evisa account to ADD the passport as the identity document to be linked as a travel document. I will update this post once I get an answer from UKVI. Just posting to help others who may have done the same silly thing

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Re: evisa - passport with no chip

Post by bathanza » Mon May 20, 2024 10:50 pm

Quick update, request was approved within 2 minutes so now the UKVI account has both the BRP and the passport as the identity document to prove staus

Panic over :lol:

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

ReallyConfused
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ReallyConfused » Fri May 31, 2024 12:28 pm

bathanza wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 10:50 pm
Quick update, request was approved within 2 minutes so now the UKVI account has both the BRP and the passport as the identity document to prove staus

This is so so helpful to know. Exactly what I have been scratching my head about and asking in this thread viewtopic.php?t=346288&start=25 in the last post on Thursday 30 May.

Guess will also go ahead and try to link the passport as it seems to work. Wish me luck.

ReallyConfused
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ReallyConfused » Fri May 31, 2024 3:25 pm

bathanza wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 10:50 pm

Are you able to share if you log into your UKVI account with the passport or the BRP card ? now that you have linked the passport in addition to the BRP.
It will be really helpful to know as this site https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/immig ... tus-evisa/ seems to suggest
"You’ll need to update your UKVI account if:
        you want to change your identity document or add another one

You can add or change your identity document using your UKVI account. You might be asked to send your passport or national identity card to the Home Office.
          It will be a number of weeks before you can log in with your new identity document details - make sure you keep the details of your old one until then.
            When you add a new identity document to your account, you’ll need to sign in using that identity document in the future.
              Don’t worry if you can’t see your old identity document on your account. It’s still there, but the system might only show the most recent one you’ve added."

ILR BRP expires soon. Renewal BRP RC applied for but not received. Received home office invitation email and set up UKVI account with evisa linked to existing about to BRP and so wondered whether to link it to the passport now.