ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel during 60 days grace period?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

relaxasaurus
Newly Registered
United States of America

Travel during 60 days grace period?

Post by relaxasaurus » Wed May 22, 2024 6:28 pm

I have a Skilled Worker visa since 2020, that is for me and my two dependents (partner and child).

Recently I faced a redundancy and my Skilled Worker visa will be terminated by my current employer on May 31.

I have already secured a new position with an employer willing to sponsor me and I am currently gathering documentation to submit the new application.

My partner needs to travel in the first week of June for work, and I had assumed this would be fine as it was during the 60 days grace period.

We would then submit the new visa application in the second week of June. My new employer will be paying for the expedited process so I am not concerned about finishing the process within the 60 days.

My concern is about my partner traveling -- is he going to be able to get back into the UK when he returns from his business trip?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Travel during 60 days grace period?

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 23, 2024 12:26 pm

relaxasaurus wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 6:28 pm
I have a Skilled Worker visa since 2020, that is for me and my two dependents (partner and child).

Recently I faced a redundancy and my Skilled Worker visa will be terminated by my current employer on May 31.

I have already secured a new position with an employer willing to sponsor me and I am currently gathering documentation to submit the new application.

My partner needs to travel in the first week of June for work, and I had assumed this would be fine as it was during the 60 days grace period.

We would then submit the new visa application in the second week of June. My new employer will be paying for the expedited process so I am not concerned about finishing the process within the 60 days.

My concern is about my partner traveling -- is he going to be able to get back into the UK when he returns from his business trip?
What 60 days grace period do you refer to?

relaxasaurus
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by relaxasaurus » Fri May 31, 2024 10:12 am

My job and therefore work visa ends on May 31. I have 60 days to find a new sponsor and apply for another work visa. I've already found a new sponsor but won't apply for the new visa until the second week of June.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri May 31, 2024 10:38 am

relaxasaurus wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 10:12 am
My job and therefore work visa ends on May 31. I have 60 days to find a new sponsor and apply for another work visa.
This is not true. That 60-days grace period doesn't exist.

Once you terminate your current job you're allowed to stay in the UK and find another sponsor.

After job termination you might receive a curtailment letter from UKVI, which normally informs about a 60-days curtailment period. This usually doesn't occur in the short term, many spend months and never receive such letter.

relaxasaurus
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by relaxasaurus » Fri May 31, 2024 10:55 am

Ok, given that information - can you answer my question? It sounds like you're saying we'll be fine but not sure.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jun 01, 2024 3:03 am

relaxasaurus wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 10:55 am
Ok, given that information - can you answer my question? It sounds like you're saying we'll be fine but not sure.
Yes you will be fine.

No concept of 60days grace period. 60days to leave the country is from date of receipt of curtailment letter. Takes long time to receive it and some don't get curtailment letter e.g. in your case you have another job lined up.