ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal of re-apply?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Morris
Newly Registered

Appeal of re-apply?

Post by Morris » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:02 pm

Hi everyone,

I would be very grateful for advice on the following; My partner's working holiday visa expired in May, so she returned home to Swaziland. As we are in love and were living happily together, we got married in Swaziland in early June.

We received the marriage certificate and applied for my wife's settlement visa in Pretoria. Last week the visa office refused her visa, and although she hasn't received the documents back yet, the probable reasons for refusal are inaccuracies in the marriage certificate; my date and place of birth are wrong.

My wife wants to re-apply straight away, but i think she should appeal first. What is the best course of action to take?

Many thanks in advance.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:25 pm

Hello Morris

Why is your date of birth wrong and where you were born wrong on your marriage certificate?

Morris
Newly Registered

Post by Morris » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:49 pm

That's a good question! I've no idea why. My date of birth on the certificate is 1977 whereas it is actually 1971. That sounds like a simple typo or misreading error.

My place of birth is listed on the certificate as being the British Virgin Islands whereas it's actually Kings Lynn, Norfolk. I've never even been to the Caribbean!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:34 am

Did you not check this before making the application?. Is it possible to put it right now. If so,just complete the appeal notice, explaining the reason for the error, and attach the new document with it.

Send it back to Pretoria, hopefully the ECO who refused you will have to review your case, and if everything is ok, he should grant your spouse the visa. Doing this will save you having to reapply and paying an additional £400+ fee again.

On the other hand if you can rectify the errors and afford to pay again, then make a fresh application, as it will almost likely to be dealt with quicker.

I know trying to correct errors like this in a foreign land can be very difficult.

You say your spouse wants you to reapply again rather than appeal, why is that for??

Morris
Newly Registered

Post by Morris » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:44 pm

Thanks for the reply.

She wants to re-apply as it will, as you say, probably be processed faster. She is pregnant and wants to give birth in the U.K. rather than Swaziland.

buhle
Newly Registered

hi

Post by buhle » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:10 pm

hie i also got married in swaziland.can i ask how long does marriage certificate come out in manzini

Morris
Newly Registered

Post by Morris » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:36 pm

We were married in Manzini too. We obtained the marriage certificate, issued in Manzini, the day after our wedding.