ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Existing Start up visa and new Innovator Founder Visa

Only for Start-Up Visas and Innovator Visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

daniboi
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Existing Start up visa and new Innovator Founder Visa

Post by daniboi » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:52 pm

Hey guys i have friend who has already received endorsement under start up visa via one of the legacy endorsement bodies. He wants to change his business plan and add me as his partner on this new business idea we are working together. And i am currently under T2 work visa. My question is, will it be possible to ask the legacy endorsing body to:

a) Change the business idea
b) Add me as a CTO/business partner
c) Get the endorsement for innovator founder visa under existing legacy body (business partner already has an endorsement just need to update it)

Also without using an immigration lawyer due to high fees, is it possible to do due diligence checks which is required for the application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Existing Start up visa and new Innovator Founder Visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:13 pm

Do you plan to switch to the same visa as your friend?

The immigration rules make no mention or indication that this visa allows a partnership etc from what I can see and understand. Note that this visa cannot be combined with your Tier 2 time to make up 5 years for ILR, based on my understanding.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... or-founder

Your previous post, you were advised what your best course of action will be, find another Skilled Worker sponsor to qualify for ILR at the end of the year.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-success- ... l#p2106652
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

daniboi
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Existing Start up visa and new Innovator Founder Visa

Post by daniboi » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:06 pm

Thanks for giving me a reply CR001.
And yes i do plan to get the same as my friend. We both want to switch to a innovator founder visa route. I am also aware under this route my time with T2 work visa wont be counted and i will have to stay for another 3 years before i can apply for ILR, under the innovator visa route.

However, i will be completing my 10 years and can apply for ILR via long residence route, which i will achieve 2 years into the innovator founder visa.

I am currently struggling to find skilled worker sponsor, so exploring my options.