ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2nd Time Student Visa rejections

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pilot10

2nd Time Student Visa rejections

Post by pilot10 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:16 am

Good morning all,
I applied for student visa in Canada and got rejected based on satisfactory evidence of return to my home country and financial. See below reasons for rejection.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR. I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

I am thinking of applying again and would like to be successful the application. I have the following question regarding what I should do next.
  • I plan of return to my home country after my university, what other evidence do I have to give to show that I will return in my letter?
    Proof of finance - what do I need to show e.g. bank statements? And can they be in another person's name?
  • Proof of finance - what do I need to show e.g. bank statements? And can they be in another person's name?
I appreciate a swift response and thank you in advance.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: 2nd Time Student Visa rejections

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:48 am

pilot10 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:16 am
Good morning all,
I applied for student visa in Canada and got rejected based on satisfactory evidence of return to my home country and financial. See below reasons for rejection.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR. I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

I am thinking of applying again and would like to be successful the application. I have the following question regarding what I should do next.
  • I plan of return to my home country after my university, what other evidence do I have to give to show that I will return in my letter? Show that you have an offer of employment waiting for you as soon as you finish your course in Canada. The package should show your salary. If already working, show approval of Sabbatical leave, if coming back to the same job.
    Proof of finance - what do I need to show e.g. bank statements? And can they be in another person's name? Of course bank statements, 6 months. If another person's name, it has to be someone mighty close to you, or some sort of scholarship.
  • Proof of finance - what do I need to show e.g. bank statements? And can they be in another person's name?
I appreciate a swift response and thank you in advance.
Contrary to what people think, Canada is one of the hardest countries to get visa to in my opinion. I think one of the reason is because of the low deportation rate. So they know that
once you're in, it's almost like that's it, you're in.

So they make it very hard for you to come in.

In your application, did you apply with family?
How much was your school fees?
How much did you have available to you?
Have you ever applied or been rejected a USA visa?

You can always re-apply, but your initial rejection would always come back into play. Especially if it's done in a short space of time. It has to be airtight. You have to show that the error wasn't of commission, but of omission or oversight in you paperwork.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

pilot10

Post by pilot10 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:27 am

Thank you so much for your response @Ticktack.
In your application, did you apply with family? No
How much was your school fees? I have already paid for 1st semester and aiming to second semester next year.
How much did you have available to you? fund in my personal acc and my fathers account
Have you ever applied or been rejected a USA visa? No

The semester is meant to start in Sept this year. Hence, why I want to make sure that if i reapply it will be successful. I am struggling to understand the document references in my rejection from IRPA (https://lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2 ... l#h-276522) / IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/reg ... -2002-227/).
  • Where do I find how much fund I need on this document?
    Where in document paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR for satisfactory proof of return after my degree?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:37 am

pilot10 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:27 am
The semester is meant to start in Sept this year.
You may wish to check with your university if they can move it to January/next September start if either you're unsuccessful or your student visa is very delayed.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:54 am

pilot10 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:27 am
Thank you so much for your response @Ticktack.
In your application, did you apply with family? No
How much was your school fees? I have already paid for 1st semester and aiming to second semester next year.
How much did you have available to you? fund in my personal acc and my fathers account
Have you ever applied or been rejected a USA visa? No

The semester is meant to start in Sept this year. Hence, why I want to make sure that if i reapply it will be successful. I am struggling to understand the document references in my rejection from IRPA (https://lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2 ... l#h-276522) / IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/reg ... -2002-227/).
  • Where do I find how much fund I need on this document? There's never a defined amount required. Let's say school fees is $15,000 CAD, you'd want to show an account of $40,000 CAD. This would comprise of fees, accommodation and general living expense. It shows that you're self sustaining without necessarily needing to look for a job to paper over the cracks. Not like you're not entitled to, but it shouldn't be your primary reason for entering Canada.
    Where in document paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR for satisfactory proof of return after my degree?
Also, same as above. Depends on the caseworker. If you were leaving behind a family, like spouse and kids. It shows you have something to return to. if you had a well paying job, often times, it's just luck. If Zeus decides to smile on you from Mount Olympus.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!