ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nationality and visa fees from Oct 4th subject to parliament approval

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

razergd1
Israel

Nationality and visa fees from Oct 4th subject to parliament approval

Post by razergd1 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:46 pm

I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.
I take no responsibility for following them.

secret.simon

Re: Nationality and visa fees from Oct 4th subject to parliament approval

Post by secret.simon » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:00 pm

Thank you for picking up on this.

The fee increase will be implemented by a negative statutory instrument (SI) procedure. That is to say, it will come into force automatically, unless either House of the UK Parliament opposes it.

Given that the House of Commons goes into Conference Recess on Tuesday (till 16th October) and the Lords follows on Thursday (again till 16th October), it is highly unlikely that the SI will be prayed against (opposed).

So it is pretty much a fait accompli. I could not locate the SI for the increase, but I presume that the government will officially lay them in front of the two Houses tomorrow.

Besides, this increase was announced months ago, so it can't come as a surprise.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.