ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for Canadian PR as a high school Math teacher

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

paramsense8
Newly Registered
Australia

Apply for Canadian PR as a high school Math teacher

Post by paramsense8 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:13 pm

Hi all,
I am a 40-year-old Australian high school Math teacher. I have taught in Australia for 7 years and I am currently teaching in California as a Math teacher. I am considering applying for Canadian PR and living in BC (Vancouver in particular).
I checked on CIC's website and I seem to be eligible for an express entry. However, my CRS score is 418, and an immigration attorney told me that I should apply for BC PNP but BC PNP doesn't seem to have teachers as a field that they need.

What should I do next?
Should I take care of the whole process by myself or hire an immigration attorney?

Your comments and suggestions are highly appreciated.
Thank you
Param

anurag120
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Re: Apply for Canadian PR as a high school Math teacher

Post by anurag120 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:28 pm

If your score as of now is anywhere under 500, then it would be better off consider hiring consultant to know how you can increase your scores, or you can check other immigration streams for BC, such as Tech Pilot Program.