ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query from HO to employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

baz1237
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Query from HO to employer

Post by baz1237 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:58 pm

Hi, I am in the process of switching my employer. My new employer has requested for an increase in CoS but HO has asked them on what basis have they got a need to hire a non-UK National for the job? Whether the job was advertised? How many UK applicants applied for the job? Etc.

What can my employer reply to that question? I have been in the UK for 8 years and am currently on a skilled worker visa since last 3 years. I thought it would be straightforward for a sponsor to request for an increase in CoS allocation.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Query from HO to employer

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:44 pm

baz1237 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:58 pm

What can my employer reply to that question?
The truth :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Query from HO to employer

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:53 pm

Fairly common questions for additional COS requests. The Home Office has tightened the process increasingly over the last two years.
Some sectors such as care and construction industry will be asked those questions and more before additional COS are granted.
It is just par for the course now.