ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evisa replacement for BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

auldman
Newly Registered
Philippines

Evisa replacement for BRP

Post by auldman » Wed May 01, 2024 3:43 pm

Yesterday received an email saying to change FLR(M) BRP to an evisa. Sod's law, today received email saying SET(M) application was successful (yahoo!) so brand spankly new ILR BRP on it's way. Do I change the new ILR BRP to an evisa using the procedure outlined for old BRP, or wait for another email to arrive advising to change the new BRP to evisa?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Evisa replacement for BRP

Post by zimba » Wed May 01, 2024 8:50 pm

auldman wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 3:43 pm
Yesterday received an email saying to change FLR(M) BRP to an evisa. Sod's law, today received email saying SET(M) application was successful (yahoo!) so brand spankly new ILR BRP on it's way. Do I change the new ILR BRP to an evisa using the procedure outlined for old BRP, or wait for another email to arrive advising to change the new BRP to evisa?
The eVisa system is NOT open to all yet and it is estimated to be rolled out fully this summer. You can only get an eVisa status when invited and when the system is fully rolled out. Any invite refers to your ILR status from now onwards
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

auldman
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by auldman » Thu May 02, 2024 4:10 pm

Once again, question is: The email below is reference the now superseded FLR(M) BRP. Does this apply to our new SET(M) BRP, which I have been advised, is arriving in the post tomorrow?

From: DoNotReply eVisaDirectMail <donotreply.evisadirectmail@notifications.service.gov.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 3:28 am
Subject: You need to replace your BRP with an eVisa now

GOV.UK

If you did not receive this email directly from the Home Office, it may not be possible to create your account or view your eVisa yet.
Dear Sir/Madam,

We are contacting you because your BRP will expire on 31 December 2024. To prove your immigration status after this date you will need to replace your BRP with an eVisa. The expiration of your BRP card does not affect your immigration status. However, starting in 2025, the way you prove your immigration status will change.

What do I need to do now?
Please take the following steps now:

Create a UKVI account to access your eVisa, which will replace your BRP.

To create your UKVI account, you will need:

Your date of birth
Your BRP Number
Your passport (if you do not have a BRP)
Access to an email address and phone number
Access to a smartphone
You should create your UKVI account at: https://www.gov.uk/get-access-evisa.

Got a question?
For more information about eVisas and to get help creating your UKVI account, visit: https://www.gov.uk/evisa.

Already have an eVisa or another physical document?
If you already have an eVisa, or if you have another document to prove your immigration status such as a certificate of entitlement of right of abode, visit https://www.gov.uk/evisa for more information on how this change will affect you.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Thu May 02, 2024 5:10 pm

auldman wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 4:10 pm
Once again, question is: The email below is reference the now superseded FLR(M) BRP. Does this apply to our new SET(M) BRP, which I have been advised, is arriving in the post tomorrow?
Is the FLR BRP you already have expiring on 31/12/2024? what's the expiry date on the card?

If you were told in the ILR decision letter that you'll receive a BRP, then register for an eVisa as instructed using the new card. The BRP card you're about to receive after ILR approval will expire on 31/12/2024 as you'll see when delivered.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu May 02, 2024 7:50 pm

If you got ILR, your previous BRP was cancelled and it is now invalid. The new invite ONLY refers to your ILR BRP
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice