ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Test for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

confused90

English Test for Naturalisation

Post by confused90 » Wed May 01, 2024 6:23 pm

Hello,

The guidance says I don't have to prove knowledge of english language, if I have provided evidence of it already during my ILR application.

I had provided proof for it during my ILR application in 2016, but the application is requesting me to upload a copy of the certificate (which I unfortunately don't have).

Would it suffice to state the same in a cover letter? Or do I need to do an English test again?

If yes, please advise which is the cheapest and quickest way for the test 😃

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: English Test for Naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Wed May 01, 2024 6:47 pm

Can’t really advise on how you prove your 2016 test. Did you keep a copy of your application-it was on paper in those days.

There’s no cheap way to do a test, it’s £150 for a spoken test 10 minutes. It’s B1 Gese 5 level.
Google trinity college London. Test must be taken at Home Office approved centres.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

confused90

Post by confused90 » Wed May 01, 2024 6:59 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 6:47 pm
Can’t really advise on how you prove your 2016 test. Did you keep a copy of your application-it was on paper in those days.

There’s no cheap way to do a test, it’s £150 for a spoken test 10 minutes. It’s B1 Gese 5 level.
Google trinity college London. Test must be taken at Home Office approved centres.
Unfortunately I shifted houses multiple times, so was unable to keep record.

My SAR does state that the english test was provided with my ILR application, would a copy of the SAR suffice?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu May 02, 2024 5:57 am

You are expected to provide a certificate or a reference number at a minimum. If you can't, you may be asked while your application is being processed to sit for the test.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

confused90

Post by confused90 » Thu May 02, 2024 7:40 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 5:57 am
You are expected to provide a certificate or a reference number at a minimum. If you can't, you may be asked while your application is being processed to sit for the test.
That is completely fine, if during the application they want me to sit the test again I could do it and provide them the copy.

Thank you

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu May 02, 2024 9:14 am

I would advise to take the test just to be safe rather than risk extending processing time of your application.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.