ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse visa Query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

empra2r
Newly Registered
Iran

UK Spouse visa Query

Post by empra2r » Sat May 04, 2024 12:24 am

Hello everyone and hope you are all doing well,
I am going to switch to spouse visa as my wife is a British citizen. She works at xxxxx, and for her employment letter, while it does cover all items mentioned in Appendix FM, we do not understand what this means:
personal bank statements corresponding to the same period or periods as the payslips at paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly
The appendix says the employment letter needs to confirm her personal bank statements, while the university staff mentioned that due to GDPR they cannot do so. However, they have agreed to add this to the letter:
''We can also confirm that XXX's bank details correspond with her bank statements which are available on her payslips''.
Does this satisfy the requirements? or is there anything else we can do?
Many thanks in advance for your help guys.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: UK Spouse visa Query

Post by Casa » Sat May 04, 2024 10:42 am

This should be sufficient. Which category of visa are you switching from :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

empra2r
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by empra2r » Sat May 04, 2024 12:25 pm

Thank you for your response. I am switching from Student visa.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 04, 2024 12:38 pm

empra2r wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:25 pm
Thank you for your response. I am switching from Student visa.
That's fine. Your wife's employer should also confirm in writing that her employment is continuing (assuming it is)
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

empra2r
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by empra2r » Sat May 04, 2024 12:46 pm

thank you again for your help. so this is what the letter says about her employment
Employed on a fixed-term contract, which currently
extends to 06 October 2026, with the possibility of
further renewal subject to additional funding
does the letter need to have the "continuing" exactly ?