ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child benefit while my husband work abroad

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hend_Mother
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Child benefit while my husband work abroad

Post by Hend_Mother » Tue May 07, 2024 1:15 pm

Hi,

Currently, My husband works in UK and My self work in UK. My situation as following:
- I am paid ~ 11500 annually as I am apprentice
- my husband is about 65 k£
- my husband get an offer to work in another country not in UK he will go alone as I decide to stay in UK for
my work/apprenticeship and my kids education.
- I have applied to child benefits.
- my husband could leave UK after 3 or 4 months after the child benefits starts to be paid to me.
- I know that he needs to pay child benefit tax as his salary is more than 60 k£.
- I have three kids with year of birth, as (2012, 2015, and 2019)

My questions as follows:

Q1: If my husband left the UK and his job in UK after 3 months of the child benefit starts to be paid to me, how can I manage the child benefit tax return for him, shall I do it or my husband and how or when ?Any detailed advise, please?

Q2: If I stayed in UK with my kids without my husband, Can I still get the child benefits, as My salary is very very low, about 11500 £ annually ? Will I need to provide anything from my husband (remember he will be abroad for more than one, two, or three years), but not less than a year)

Q3: Can, I get any other benefits, considering my very low salary.

Any advise, please.

Thank you in advance

Best Regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Child benefit while my husband work abroad

Post by Casa » Tue May 07, 2024 4:27 pm

Hend_Mother wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 1:15 pm
Hi,

Currently, My husband works in UK and My self work in UK. My situation as following:
- my husband get an offer to work in another country not in UK he will go alone as I decide to stay in UK for
- my husband could leave UK after 3 or 4 months after the child benefits starts to be paid to me.
- I know that he needs to pay child benefit tax as his salary is more than 60 k£.

My questions as follows:

Q1: If my husband left the UK and his job in UK after 3 months of the child benefit starts to be paid to me, how can I manage the child benefit tax return for him, shall I do it or my husband and how or when ?Any detailed advise, please?

Q2: If I stayed in UK with my kids without my husband, Can I still get the child benefits, as My salary is very very low, about 11500 £ annually ? Will I need to provide anything from my husband (remember he will be abroad for more than one, two, or three years), but not less than a year)

Any advise, please.

Thank you in advance

Best Regards
Are you under Immigration Control in the UK? i.e With visa restrictions, or do you hold Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Hend_Mother
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hend_Mother » Tue May 07, 2024 5:19 pm

I am British Citizen, and my husband and kids are British Citizens.

Hend_Mother
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hend_Mother » Tue May 07, 2024 5:20 pm

Casa wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 4:27 pm
Hend_Mother wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 1:15 pm
Hi,

My questions as follows:

Any advise, please.

Thank you in advance

Best Regards
Are you under Immigration Control in the UK? i.e With visa restrictions, or do you hold Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)
I am British Citizen, and my husband and kids are British Citizens.

Hend_Mother
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hend_Mother » Tue May 07, 2024 5:29 pm

I meal all of us get the citizenship and british passport, based on my husband tier2 genral visa, stayed 5 years, then got ILR then got citizenship for more than one year ago.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue May 07, 2024 9:38 pm

Hend_Mother wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 5:29 pm
I meal all of us get the citizenship and british passport, based on my husband tier2 genral visa, stayed 5 years, then got ILR then got citizenship for more than one year ago.
In which case, this isn't an immigration related question. Your local Citizen's Advice will be able to give you free information regarding claiming benefits.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Hend_Mother
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hend_Mother » Tue May 07, 2024 10:18 pm

Casa wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 9:38 pm
Hend_Mother wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 5:29 pm
In which case, this isn't an immigration related question. Your local Citizen's Advice will be able to give you free information regarding claiming benefits.
Thank you for your reply. Will contact them.