ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parent route visa and partner marriage

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rowin-pa
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Parent route visa and partner marriage

Post by rowin-pa » Tue May 07, 2024 10:59 pm

I'm in 10 parent route visa . Have the divorce from my previous marriage. I met my partner in UK who is from an asian country . She is in Visitor visa . I want to marry her in UK and apply visa for her as a my Spouse .
How do i do that. I heard this is not straight forward. Any suggestions Please.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Parent route visa and partner marriage

Post by AmazonianX » Wed May 08, 2024 12:27 am

Visitor visa does not allow switch to family route. Your intended spouse needs to apply from home country or a place of habitation where they have long term residency.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed May 08, 2024 12:56 am

Also, you will be unable to sponsor a spouse until you have Indefinite Leave to Remain at the end of your 10 year route to settlement. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed May 08, 2024 8:53 am

An individual on a visit visa can not marry while in the UK. The Home Office needs to give approval to marriages where an overseas individual does not hold settled status.