ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of sponsors

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Iman84
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Change of sponsors

Post by Iman84 » Thu May 09, 2024 10:57 pm

I’m studying A level in the UK. Can I transfer to another school continue the same course and sit in the lesson in the new school immediately after I submitted my new visa application?
I don’t want to go back home and apply for a student visa from there so I need to know if I can immediately change school and start the new school as soon as I submitted the new student visa application with the new school as my new sponsor?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Change of sponsors

Post by meself2 » Fri May 10, 2024 7:46 am

Iman84 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:57 pm
if I can immediately change school and start the new school as soon as I submitted the new student visa application with the new school as my new sponsor?
Certainly not immediately after submission - until it's approved, not submitted, you would have to stay as you are.

I'm not sure if you can change sponsors in country - someone else would have to give you a hand there.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri May 10, 2024 3:00 pm

meself2 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 7:46 am
Iman84 wrote:
if I can immediately change school and start the new school as soon as I submitted the new student visa application with the new school as my new sponsor?
Certainly not immediately after submission - until it's approved, not submitted, you would have to stay as you are.

I'm not sure if you can change sponsors in country - someone else would have to give you a hand there.
When changing sponsor, you will need to apply for a new CAS from your home country.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sun May 12, 2024 7:07 am

Casa wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 3:00 pm
When changing sponsor, you will need to apply for a new CAS from your home country.
Not if they are currently a Child student, although unhelpfully they have not said either way.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

lisakent86
BANNED
Australia

Post by lisakent86 » Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:19 pm

Iman84 wrote:
I’m studying A level in the UK. Can I transfer to another school continue the same course and sit in the lesson in the new school immediately after I submitted my new visa application?
I don’t want to go back home and apply for a student visa from there so I need to know if I can immediately change school and start the new school as soon as I submitted the new student visa application with the new school as my new sponsor?
It's crucial to check with both the new school you wish to transfer to and UK immigration authorities for specific guidance on this matter. Generally, transferring schools during an ongoing visa application process can be complex and may require approval from both the school and immigration authorities. Additionally, ensure you understand any implications for your current visa status and seek advice from school administrators or immigration lawyers to navigate this process smoothly.