ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre-settled divorce and retained right residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

benzgb
Newly Registered
Algeria

Pre-settled divorce and retained right residence

Post by benzgb » Wed May 22, 2024 1:18 am

Hello guys I really need your help,
I’m non eu married since 2018 in France with French citizen, we moved to Uk in 2020, I’m on pre settled status we divorced last month she want to comeback to her country and I want to stay , I’m eligible to retained right residence , my question is shall I informe the home office that we divorced and she’s back to her country or wait till 2025 when I’ll apply to switch to settled status ?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Pre-settled divorce and retained right residence

Post by contorted_svy » Fri May 24, 2024 12:55 pm

You definitely need to inform the HO that the relationship broke down. I don't know the details of the procedure to retain rights, other members may help, but you not declaring it may be interpreted as trying to commit immigration fraud as your right to stay in the UK is based on your marriage to an EU national.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.