ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First passport application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Siggi

First passport application

Post by Siggi » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:29 am

I'm not very clear on the first passport process, does one apply for a passport first via the post office and then wait for an appointment for a interveiw after submitting the application, or does one make an appointment first for a interveiw and then submit the application.????

Well it's the last hoop thank heavens! and God know how many I have already jumped!

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:30 am

Siggi, apply at the post office. The Identity and Passport Service will then ask you to book an interview if it's required.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:26 am

Thank's Paul for clearing this up for me.
But do I understand it correctly that the interveiw is a random section and not everyone is called for the interveiw?

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:00 am

I don't think it is random, it is targetted.

parvus1202

Post by parvus1202 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:51 pm

For first time applicants, you get the application at the post office, sign it, ask someone you know to countersign it and send it via special delivery with your old passport with ILR stamp. Then wait for the letter to arrive at your doorstep. It is for the booking of the interview. You call the number. The questions rely upon what you have written on your application and sometimes about credit history.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:21 pm

Parvus 1202,
I'm sure you don't have to send your old passport away with your application for a first passport.

whirly

Post by whirly » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:24 pm

http://ips.gov.uk/passport/apply-first- ... ertificate
I have a certificate of naturalisation or registration from the Home Office

In this case we need:

* your naturalisation or registration certificate
* the passport on which you entered the UK.
They also like to fold naturalisation certificates, so if you were planning on framing it and hanging it on the wall, get used to the idea that it will have a crease!

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:55 pm

Thank's for that info, funny that they don't mention any of this in the application pack for your passport.

rizcom123
Newly Registered

Post by rizcom123 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:50 pm

Siggi wrote:Thank's for that info, funny that they don't mention any of this in the application pack for your passport.
Are they issuing a BIOMETRIC passport, I mean are they taking FINGERPRINTS or IRIS Sacns the day we facing the interview??????????

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:44 pm

I think the chance of being called to an interview also depends on whether there is a nearby interview office to you.

whirly

Post by whirly » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:57 am

rizcom123 wrote:Are they issuing a BIOMETRIC passport, I mean are they taking FINGERPRINTS or IRIS Sacns the day we facing the interview??????????
When I got my biometric UK passport last October, it only had my photo and 'sensitive' information stored on the chip; no fingerprints or iris scans.