ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

'submission of application' query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naav

'submission of application' query

Post by naav » Fri May 08, 2009 7:32 pm

Hi everyone :)

I submitted my wife's application for Naturalisation (AN form). I sent it via special delivery (cost me over £5) and it was due to arrive at the liverpool address just over three weeks ago from today (around middle of April).

I checked on the Royal Mail website a few days after it was due to arrive in order to confirm delivery. I noticed it hadn't arrived. I called Royal Mail, gave them my details and they launched an investigation. I also called the contact number for Naturalisation enquiries and they asked for my special delivery number and subsequently confirmed delivery, a day after it was due to arrive (according to my receipt).

However, Royal Mail sent me a letter saying they were sorry but could not confirm delivery nor a signature i.e. they don't know where my item is.

My concerns are:

1. Should I take the word of the call centre (they haven't physically seen the application I have sent) and be content and rest assured that it is with them?

2. I haven't as of today (three weeks after they claim to have received it) been sent an acknowledgment letter?

3. And I sent a cheque, along with my British passport and my wife's passport, which has not been cleared as of today.

Could anyone advise or relate similar experience. Much appreciated, thank you. :)