ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused to my core after reading several posts HSMP/TIER1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

[iD]

Confused to my core after reading several posts HSMP/TIER1

Post by [iD] » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:47 pm

Hi,
I apologise in advance as this has been discussed before. But the answers confused me even more lol

I got my HSMP visa on 25/5/08 and my extension is due on 28/5/10. I just wanted to find out
A) if I can apply for an extension in late feb this year.
B) If yes, and if granted would I get my extension effecting from expiry of the initial visa or from the day they process/grant the extension.

Also, I heard that you have to good a good reason if applying an early extension. My only reason is the points for age and I'm sure it'd look stupid if I mention it in my application. Does anyone have experience with the "Reason Part"?

Regards and thanks in advance

Irf

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:07 pm

As per HO they recommend to apply 28days before current visa expiry but still they accepted application 3-max 4months earlier; so if you can claim ur age points within this range plan accordingly;

99% of the times ppl who even applied with max 4months earlier got extensions from the date of their current expiry..

goodluck

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:28 pm

thanks bruv

Wouldn't it look a bit dodgy as they'd be able to see that I'll be over the age if I applied in time (like within 28 days of the expiry). So they'll just give me the points for age by ignoring the above stating fact? good weird lol

Also I can't think of an "excuse" really, any ideas? :)

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:01 pm

I applied 5 months before my initial HSMP expiry date and I got Tier 1 extension from the date HSMP was expiring. Not from the date of my extension application.

No, I didnt give any reason for this early application.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:05 pm

[iD] wrote:thanks bruv

Wouldn't it look a bit dodgy as they'd be able to see that I'll be over the age if I applied in time (like within 28 days of the expiry). So they'll just give me the points for age by ignoring the above stating fact? good weird lol

I think you are thinking too much mate.. the duty/responsibility of the caseworker is to check if the applicant has provided enough and corrrect evidence for the points being claimed.. as per the HO Guidance.. goodluck

vks

Post by vks » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:00 pm

[iD] wrote:thanks bruv

I have applied 3 months before and got the extension approved. No reason specified as well! Hope this helps!
Regards,
vks

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:01 pm

thanks guys
and ramesh you're right I am thinkig too much but I'm sure you can understand how important it is lol

I even called UKBA and I swear I wanted to punch this guy in the head or something. Well he said you can apply but your visa would be valid from the day caseworker take the decision :/

Anyways I've decided to apply anyway, keeping my fingers crossed

there is only one thing that's bothering me and that is the Funds to support. I have my own eBay business and a limited company BUT I keep all my earnings within the business bank account. I'm a short of money by £200 in my personal bank account (for me and 2 dependants £1866) and I was wondering if I could show the combination of personal+business accounts to cover the funds?

Any ideas?

Regards and thanks again you guys are helpful

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:08 pm

Is the business account in your name or the name of the business?? I mean what does it say against "account holder"??

If it is your name, then you might get away with this "deception"! But be wary of the consequences if this (deception) is discovered. Your application .. your decision .. your risk!!

regards

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:21 pm

ID:

You should also look into other options to have maintenance funds with some buffer:

You can use any Bank accounts IN and OUT of UK in your name which can fill your 200£ funds gap.. you can also use more than 1account to show maintenance funds.. Joint accounts will also do..

You dependent can show his/her own account funds for maintenance funds..

Give it a thought adn take a decision.. its your application-money and decision and risk as sush said... Goodluck

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:14 pm

@sush, well business account name is not same as my name :(

@ramesh, yeah I looked into the possibility of dependant showing their own money but thats less that £533.

Wonder if you can show the combination of your and dependants account cuz that will cover the £200 gap for sure :)

if not then the only way is to apply for me+1 dependant and then for the other one apply in May before the expiry of the initial visa by making sure I keep enough monies in bank

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:20 pm

[iD] wrote:Wonder if you can show the combination of your and dependants account cuz that will cover the £200 gap for sure :)
I think you should be able to use the combination of yours and your dependent's account. I dont see a reason why you cant...

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:27 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
[iD] wrote:Wonder if you can show the combination of your and dependants account cuz that will cover the £200 gap for sure :)
I think you should be able to use the combination of yours and your dependent's account. I dont see a reason why you cant...
good! cuz some days i have £1600 in my account but same days my dependant has at least 300-400 lol
I might give this a try

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:14 pm

aruni4470 wrote: you should be able to use the combination of yours and your dependent's account. .
No offence pls..

I will check the above with HO by ph/email before going ahead... as I never read/know this opinion

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:42 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
aruni4470 wrote: you should be able to use the combination of yours and your dependent's account. .
No offence pls..

I will check the above with HO by ph/email before going ahead... as I never read/know this opinion
Yes, that was just what I felt. Please check with HO. Thanks..

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:50 pm

OP cannot not her wife's account to cover for his maintenance funds.In order to do so, he should be be a joint account holder.

Best way is to use any other account, ISA, savings or home country bank account along with UK account.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:36 pm

chetanojha wrote:OP cannot not her wife's account to cover for his maintenance funds.In order to do so, he should be be a joint account holder.

Best way is to use any other account, ISA, savings or home country bank account along with UK account.
Do you mean to say that even if both the main applicant and dependent are applying at the same time, they cannot use a combination of their accounts? Just a clarification

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:44 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
chetanojha wrote:OP cannot not her wife's account to cover for his maintenance funds.In order to do so, he should be be a joint account holder.

Do you mean to say that even if both the main applicant and dependent are applying at the same time, they cannot use a combination of their accounts? Just a clarification
Main applicant can use his account or joint account with dependent. But main applicant cannot use dependent's account to show his maintenance funds. Whereas dependent can use main applicant's account or his/her own account to prove the maintenance funds.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:07 am

Main applicant can use his account or joint account with dependent. But main applicant cannot use dependent's account to show his maintenance funds. Whereas dependent can use main applicant's account or his/her own account to prove the maintenance funds.
I get your point. But, if I and my wife are applying together(I being the main applicant and my wife being dependent) and the maintenance fund to be shown is 800+533=1333. Can I not show 1000 in my account and the remaining in my wife's account? (assuming they are being maintained for 3 months)

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:10 am

aruni4470 wrote:
I get your point. But, if I and my wife are applying together(I being the main applicant and my wife being dependent) and the maintenance fund to be shown is 800+533=1333. Can I not show 1000 in my account and the remaining in my wife's account? (assuming they are being maintained for 3 months)

this is exactly what i was asking. I have me, my wife and a son and I need to show £1866 in total. Now at some occasion in my personal account I have around £1500 in my account. So I was thinking if for those days I can show my account+my wife's account to fill the gap of 300 something.

If not I can always apply for me and my wife now, and apply my son's visa when I have enough funds, giving that my son was born here and he doesn't need any visa unless traveling abroad.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:28 am

Just so that everyone is clear when using multiple bank accounts as evidence of maintenance funds -

Irrespective of the number of accounts you use, the bank statements must show that you have held the required maintenance fund (1866 in this case) everyday of the 3 months prior to your application.
e.g.-
3 bank accounts - A, B and C;
Money in A + Money in B + Money in C = min. 1866 balance everyday of those 3 months!

regards

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:40 am

aruni4470 wrote:Can I not show 1000 in my account and the remaining in my wife's account? (assuming they are being maintained for 3 months)
You can. But the reverse will not work!

That is, you cannot have 500 in your account and 1000 in your wife's (single) account. In this case, the main applicant himself will not fulfil the maintenance fund requirement ... and if the main+dependent applications are submitted at the same time then both will be refused (main refused, so dependent automatically refused).

In a nutshell, if main applicant does not have enough funds in his own named account for himself, then he can use another account only where he/she (the main applicant) is named as joint account holder with his/her spouse / child.

Hope this helps.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:34 am

sushdmehta wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:Can I not show 1000 in my account and the remaining in my wife's account? (assuming they are being maintained for 3 months)
You can. But the reverse will not work!

That is, you cannot have 500 in your account and 1000 in your wife's (single) account. In this case, the applicant himself will not fulfil the maintenance fund requirement ... and if the applications are submitted then both will be refused (main refused, so dependent also refused).

In a nutshell, if main applicant does not have enough funds in his own named account for himself, then he can use another account only where he/she (the main applicant) is named as joint account holder with his/her spouse / child.

Hope this helps.

regards
Thanks Sushdmehta, chetanojha, tvn_ramesh, [iD] and others. Much appreciated.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:56 pm

thanks guys
it cleared a lot of things