ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and offence please helpe

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rahi
Newly Registered

Naturalisation and offence please helpe

Post by rahi » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:34 am

Hi to every one on this forum

I have two question about my naturalisation I want to apply for british citizenship in october 2010 I have one problem couple of weeks ago at work I got involved with my coleauge and first it was joke as we always use to do but it went out of hand we fight my actually he was my friend. after fight my friend complain to police and made allegation that i have threaten to hit him with some thing and also i punched him lator police phone phoned me up that they want to have word with me later I said verbal sorry to my friend and he accepted my appology and we went to police together he said to police that we have resoved our problem we donnot want this matter to further and police said its fine and police gave us a latter that this matter is been solved through neighbourhood resulation and thats it

my question I will have declare it on the form because it says on the application form that you must tell us any thing you did which have doubts about you being as a good character person
thank you any advice will be appreciated

rahi
Newly Registered

Post by rahi » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:47 pm

Please any one reply i am worring about it. I wish if i havent done it.
Thank you

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:33 pm

I see no problem and no need to declare. You were not charged by police and also not waiting to be charged

rahi
Newly Registered

Post by rahi » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:25 pm

Thank you backer for your reply But i am still confuse on the application form what is mean by this question then could please explain a bit more
I will appreciate that Thank you

3.12 Have you engaged in any other activities which might indicate that you may not be considered a person of good
character?

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:48 pm

You can read the AN and AN gudance forms on:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... alisation/

Also caseworker instructions regarding Good Character:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Decide for yourself.

If you feel you are still in doubt and in general - you can always disclose. I don't think it will affect your application but if you don't disclose I also don't think that HO can ever claim that you try to decieve them.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:38 pm

rahi wrote:Thank you backer for your reply But i am still confuse on the application form what is mean by this question then could please explain a bit more
I will appreciate that Thank you

3.12 Have you engaged in any other activities which might indicate that you may not be considered a person of good
character?
if you were not arrested or charged then i wouldnt bother declare it. you could also check with police what record they have on you