ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Having two jobs and spousal visa question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rahi
Newly Registered

Having two jobs and spousal visa question

Post by rahi » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:52 pm

Hi
My situation is I want apply my wife spousal visa from my country problem i am encountering that I donnot have full time job 40 hrs

I work one place between 30 to 35 hrs and my second job is cleaning which is 12 hrs per. first job which is resturant job I pay tax and it shows on payslip my tax deduction but second job which i started about 3 months ago it doesnot show any tax deduction because I think I shoud be automatically paying 20% BR on my second job. Maybe HM/Ravenue people doesnot now that I have second job If I want to tell them how can do this or I should tell my employer that i have second job. because I think could cause me some problem when i apply my wife visa.
any advice will be appreciated
Thank you

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:58 pm

What is the nature of your second job? That is, what type of work do you do?

And are you employed or self-employed?
John

rahi
Newly Registered

Post by rahi » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:25 pm

Thank you
My second job is I am working as a cleaner for cleaning company Iam not self employed

Thanks for reply

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:49 pm

Then you need to ask that second employer why they are not deducting tax, and I suspect, why they did not give you a form P46 to complete, when you first joined their employ.
John

rahi
Newly Registered

Post by rahi » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:58 pm

Thank you John much appreciated

On P46 I think I made mistake When I was asked Do you have another Job? I Think I said No So how can i correct this now Becaise it only been about three month yet it can be corrected and they can adjust my tax code according will i pay any panalty? will It have any affect on naturalisation application even if I corrected the mistake Because I am thinking to apply british citizenship in the future.

Please help thank you

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:15 am

Ah well, that would explain it. So not the fault of the employer at all. They have permission to use the entries on the form P46 to apply a certain tax code, at least temporarily, until notified by HMRC to use a different tax code.

You now need to contact HMRC and put them in the picture and in a while they should issue a new tax code to your 2nd employer. Contact HMRC as soon as possible. When you phone them have a note of the PAYE references of your 1st and 2nd employers to hand, and also a note of your NI number.

If not sure how to contact HMRC, ask either employer for details of the tax office. They should be able to help you with the contact details.

Get the tax code corrected now and I would not expect any adverse effect on a future Naturalisation application.
John