ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nationality check service and AN application please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

betty30
Newly Registered

Nationality check service and AN application please

Post by betty30 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:46 am

Hello,

1:I had my ILR as a spouse of a British citizen on the 6 April 2011 , I want to know please when i should apply for British citizenship ?

2:If i apply through the nationality check service in my city when do i have to make an appointment ?

3: As A refere i will have an accountant and a landlord is that ok ?

4: In the AN form they are asking about previous marriage , Do they mean both previous marriage before me and my current husband get married?

5 : How much the citizenship application fee?

Thank you very much for your time and help

Kind Regards,

Betty

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:56 am

1) You must have been resident in the UK for 3 years. Your ILR means you meet the free from immigration control and as the spouse of a BC you dont need to have the normal 1 year free of immigration control

2) You can make the appointment whenever just as long as by the appointment itself you are eligible to apply

3) Should be subject to their nationalities

4) 1.37 and beyond is about any marriage prior to your current one for the applicant

5) The fee is £836 but about to go up. The form with the pricing is http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... y-fees.pdf

betty30
Newly Registered

Post by betty30 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:48 pm

friendinneed wrote:1) You must have been resident in the UK for 3 years. Your ILR means you meet the free from immigration control and as the spouse of a BC you dont need to have the normal 1 year free of immigration control

2) You can make the appointment whenever just as long as by the appointment itself you are eligible to apply

3) Should be subject to their nationalities

4) 1.37 and beyond is about any marriage prior to your current one for the applicant

5) The fee is £836 but about to go up. The form with the pricing is http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... y-fees.pdf

Thank you very much for your reply , Yes i ve been resident in the UK for 3 years , I arrived on the 10 th april 2009 and i ve got my ILR on the 6 th april 2011 , Could you please tell me the exact date i should apply for BC ? do i have to book an appointment with the nationality check service before ?

Yes my referee are both British ,
Thank you very much for your help and reply

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:55 pm

You havent been resident for 3 years if you only arrived on 10/04/2009 but you can apply from the 10/04/2012 when you will have been.

You need to make an appointment for NCS. In London it is typically a month or so in advance, cannot comment for other areas.

betty30
Newly Registered

Post by betty30 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:23 pm

friendinneed wrote:You havent been resident for 3 years if you only arrived on 10/04/2009 but you can apply from the 10/04/2012 when you will have been.

You need to make an appointment for NCS. In London it is typically a month or so in advance, cannot comment for other areas.

Ok thank you very much , can i still apply with same certificate of Life in the UK test when i ve applied for ILR ?

friend12345

Post by friend12345 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:15 pm

betty30 wrote:
friendinneed wrote:You havent been resident for 3 years if you only arrived on 10/04/2009 but you can apply from the 10/04/2012 when you will have been.

Ok thank you very much , can i still apply with same certificate of Life in the UK test when i ve applied for ILR ?
Yes you can LIUK test has no expiry.
Good Luck

betty30
Newly Registered

Post by betty30 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:38 pm

Thank you very much for your help,

My last two questions please :

1: Is there a premium service to apply for BC?

2 :Just curious to know if a BC application been refused could we still have our indefinite leave to remain in the UK?

Thank you

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:53 pm

1) No, the only optional part is to use NCS and thus not lose your docs. No way to accelerate the process

2) Your BC application doesnt impact your ILR. I imagine if they find there is some big issue in your past they may pass it to the other relevant department for review.

If you do some digging you will find when you remove incorrectly completed forms and those that apply before they're entitled to the failure rate for BC is tiny.

betty30
Newly Registered

Post by betty30 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:05 pm

friendinneed wrote:1) No, the only optional part is to use NCS and thus not lose your docs. No way to accelerate the process

2) Your BC application doesnt impact your ILR. I imagine if they find there is some big issue in your past they may pass it to the other relevant department for review.

If you do some digging you will find when you remove incorrectly completed forms and those that apply before they're entitled to the failure rate for BC is tiny.

I have no problems in the past nor now at all :) , I was just wondering and curious to know because a lot of people in different forums keep talking about their unsuccessful BC applications and they are asking same questions are they gonna keep their ILR or not and none replied them so thats why i asked the same question here :)

Thank you for your reply