ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter for passport interview

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lastlap
Newly Registered

Letter for passport interview

Post by lastlap » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:55 am

Hi,

A minor query and would be grateful for a response.

Called the passport application progress line and was told my application was reviewed yesterday afternoon and the letter was sent out to me late last evening. However, the postman in my area delivers the letters usually before 10.00 am every morning and there is no letter in today's post. So, I would receive the letter now probably tomorrow i.e. Saturday morning.

However, when I had called the passport inquiry line, the lady was kind enough to give my reference number, so I can now call the passport interview booking line and book the place for the passport interview on the phone today itself.

I am assuming the letter sent out to a person mentions, among other things, the place of the interview.

My query: If I call and book the place of the passport interview on the phone and then find out on receiving the letter that the place mentioned in the letter, in fact, is nearer than the place given on the phone....as well as, perhaps, the date mentioned in the letter is also much earlier than the one given on the phone.

So should I wait for the letter or go ahead and book the interview place/date on the phone itself today?

Any suggestion in this regard by fellow member(s) on this forum would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:00 am

The letter just asks you to call the number and book an interview yourself. There is nothing already booked.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:08 am

Please continue in the existing topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!