ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Absence Spouse Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chursy

ILR Absence Spouse Visa

Post by chursy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi

I am on a Biometric residence permit ( Spouse Visa) visa for two years following the old rules as i got the visa in April 2012 so will be eligible for ILR in two years time.

Can someone please clarify the absences allowable for me within this period? is it 180 days collective over two years or split between the two years as 90 days each.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: ILR Absence Spouse Visa

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:26 pm

chursy wrote:Hi

I am on a Biometric residence permit ( Spouse Visa) visa for two years following the old rules as i got the visa in April 2012 .... is it 180 days collective over two years or split between the two years as 90 days each

Where did you get that from? It would be helpful if you gave your information source. Otherwise we are as clueless as you are.

'Friend of friend said' does not count.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

chursy

Re: ILR Absence Spouse Visa

Post by chursy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:35 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
chursy wrote:Hi

I am on a Biometric residence permit ( Spouse Visa) visa for two years following the old rules as i got the visa in April 2012 .... is it 180 days collective over two years or split between the two years as 90 days each

Where did you get that from? It would be helpful if you gave your information source. Otherwise we are as clueless as you are.

'Friend of friend said' does not count.

I had called the homeoffice twice and got different information both the times.

One said its 180 days and the other said 90 days each year

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:50 pm

The 90 day absence in 12 month rule only applies to qualification for British Citizenship, not spouse ILR.