ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WRS question 2

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Saladin0011
Mood:
Czech Republic

WRS question 2

Post by Saladin0011 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:22 pm

Hi guys. I want ask what was the rule for registration with WRS. After how long I had to registered in new job? Was there any number of days? I was in 2009 working for agency for about 2-3 weeks and then I found proper job which I was registered with but now I have gap without WRS for that agency.

Other problem is that I was working for company in 2010, I registered with them, then I went for long holiday about 3 months, during this time they ended our contract and when I came back I sstarted work for them again (just for 1 month) but I didn't registered with WRS again. Today I called UKBA/HO but they don't know anything and they said I will have to explain it immigration officer when I will apply for PR. I didn't know there is any interview and I thought I just have to fill out application form and then somebody decide if I can have PR or not.

How does it work?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:37 pm

sheraz7 wrote:
if you are still unsure then for a nominal fee usually £10 can request Sar file from ukba which under freedom of information will disclose all the record they kept for you. This way you can solve this mystery.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#912526
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: WRS question 2

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:47 pm

Saladin0011 wrote:Hi guys. I want ask what was the rule for registration with WRS. After how long I had to registered in new job? Was there any number of days? I was in 2009 working for agency for about 2-3 weeks and then I found proper job which I was registered with but now I have gap without WRS for that agency.

Other problem is that I was working for company in 2010, I registered with them, then I went for long holiday about 3 months, during this time they ended our contract and when I came back I sstarted work for them again (just for 1 month) but I didn't registered with WRS again. Today I called UKBA/HO but they don't know anything and they said I will have to explain it immigration officer when I will apply for PR. I didn't know there is any interview and I thought I just have to fill out application form and then somebody decide if I can have PR or not.

How does it work?
You will normally have to register under the Worker Registration Scheme if you wish to work for an employer in the United Kingdom for more than one month

Once you have been working in the United Kingdom legally for 12 months without a break in employment, you will no longer have to register on the Worker Registration Scheme

They will only count your registered work; I asked this question to an European caseworker and he confirmed that even if you have worked 1 year before registering under WRS scheme ( for a8 national ) it will not be count . They will only count work from the certificate issued date

with you 2nd question.

What counts as 12 months ‘uninterrupted work’?

'Uninterrupted work' means you must not be out of work for more than a total of 30 days in a 12 month period. You will need your registration certificates and other evidence of employment to show 12 months' uninterrupted employment.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... k/eea/wrs/
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Saladin0011
Mood:
Czech Republic

Post by Saladin0011 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:14 pm

I found this
If you do not apply within one month of starting a job, your employment will be unlawful after that date. It will then be unlawful until you are issued with a registration certificate and you may have to stop working. Any time you spend working here unlawfully will not count towards your 12-month qualifying period to become exempt from registration.
Does it means I can be working for one employer for less than one month and don't need to register? If I was working for him about 3 weeks only, so it is still legal?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:59 pm

Saladin0011 wrote:I found this
If you do not apply within one month of starting a job, your employment will be unlawful after that date. It will then be unlawful until you are issued with a registration certificate and you may have to stop working. Any time you spend working here unlawfully will not count towards your 12-month qualifying period to become exempt from registration.
Does it means I can be working for one employer for less than one month and don't need to register? If I was working for him about 3 weeks only, so it is still legal?

What it mean is if you didn't register that employer with WRS. If home office don't any any record that you worked for them then it's illegal

any work you did from WRS issued date to next 12 month must be informed. If you changed 4 jobs in 12 months you need 4 WRS
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:48 am

Please continue in previous thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.