ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Document Posting

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Adojay

Naturalization Document Posting

Post by Adojay » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:36 pm

Hi All,

I qualify for naturalization on Saturday, the 26th of October 2013, as I received ILR exactly same time last year. However, with the new requirement for English language taking effect on the 28th of October this year, I am keen on submitting my application before the new change takes effect.

My plan is to submit documentations through post office on Friday, the 25th October, (with next day Saturday Guarantee post) so my application gets to their Home office on Saturday 26th October 2013. All this is just to beat the Monday 28th October deadline for the new language requirement.

My issue is that I don't know if Home Office open and are able to receive parcel deliveries on Saturday. I am worried that parcel might get there Saturday, as paid for, but if no one is there to receive, it would then be returned to their office and re-delivered Monday, 28th October. This would potentially mean my application would be rejected for not meeting the new language requirement.

Does anyone have experience or have any knowledge if Home Office open for work on Saturdays?

I will appreciate your input.

Thank you
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

- Vince Lombardi

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:38 pm

I don't think they will deliver on saturday.
My experience, I submitted thru NCS on 11th July, Thursday, NCS said that they will not send it on Friday as there will be no one to receive on saturday, and they sent my appl on Monday.

Don't know what will happen as even if yours is received on 28th OCT you may fall in new criteria. The will have published some kind of guidelines in this kind of situation.

Someone may know soon....or you call them and ask.

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:52 pm

anything reached to them on Saturday should get following Monday's date as date of application, resulting in considered as ON 28th Oct. Be very careful..!

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:15 am

Thanks All for your response. Looks like we might have to write this English language exam or whatever it is we have to do.

The next inquiry I have is this. My family and I (wife and son included) arrived the UK with HSMP Visa (now Tier-1 General). As part of the initial application I was required to prove my degree was taught in English Language. This was confirmed at the time with a letter from my university, and was accepted by Home Office. Now that a new English language requirement has been introduced, would my wife or/and I be required to fulfill this requirement after I was made to provide evidence of university degree being taught in English language.

Thank you
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

- Vince Lombardi

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:36 am

Please continue in your other thread
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.