ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

divorce can effect ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

neda

divorce can effect ILR?

Post by neda » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:52 am

Hi everyone,
I need help regarding my immigration case.
I came to the UK 2010 with student visa and then I get married and spouse visa in 2011. I got my ILR almost 1 month ago but my husband doesn’t want to be in this life and he said he is going to divorce and until I don’t get British passport he can ask immigration to cancel my ILR and send me back to my country.
I called a family lawyer regarding divorce but she told me I cannot go for it. Because I got my ILR a month ago and if I got for it then my husband can go to home office and tell them I was with him only for ILR and I leave him as soon as I got ILR and then they will cancel my ILR and ask me to leave. Is this true??
I am wondering to know can is this true and what restrictions I have while I got ILR.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:27 am

Please continue in your other thread
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.