ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E.U States Allowing Visa free Travel-E.U Fam&Residence c

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sarahpoole

Post by sarahpoole » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:28 pm

These embassys all request different things.

France want 65 euros per person per day in bank account
Proof of reason to return to home 3rd world country
Germans want formal obligation
Belgium say join means if i aleady live there not holiday

Youreuropa ppl useless say that they can request such documents it varys from country to country.
Solvit appear to answer couple of emails now stop responding

Where do i actually go? Lawyer?

mastermind

Post by mastermind » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:53 pm

I would apply with minimal documents as required by the law (evidence of the relationship with the EU national) and insist that they process my application as it is. If they want to reject it, fine, let them do it, they MUST provide a justified reason in writing and inform you on how to appeal as per Schengen Borders Code which is in force for a few years already.
I've had a similar experience at a Swiss embassy a few years ago, however I did not face much resistance as although at first they wanted me to provide whatever documents they require from all applicants, after I simply explained the law and pointed out to the fact that even the application form says that information marked with "*" do not need to be provided by family members of EU nationals, my application was accepted (and a visa was issued).

tina79

Post by tina79 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:06 pm

[quote="sarahpoole"]I spoke bk to french embassy and they now say that we have to submit documents to show ties in non eu residing country incase we are trying to run off. Also have to provide documents of bank statements covering whole of trip of hotel etc plus 65 euros per day per person. So tht wud be proves we have 180 euros per day for two weeks plus the flight money and hotel money is that correct? They wasnt very clear.[/quote

Hi , i have the same prolem with my Slovak embassy. I now moved to Turkey to join him over here. Used to live in UK over 8years. I moved over here in MAy this year. Now while i was in UK we got married and he got the schengen last year without any fuss.

Now they requeste 100 doc and they saying because i do not live in EU country anyomre rules do not apply...however I know that once I have exerices my treaty right another country then my home contry and have proof of it, he does not need any of the rubbis as family member of EU....or am I wrong?

Does anyone has info about Slovak emabassy for the visa requirement for none EU citizen married to an EU citizen?! they cannt asnwer me a simple question.

thanks.

sarahpoole

Post by sarahpoole » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:19 pm

I have another question that solvit said to me about eu legalisation? That if we are not living together before the application. What do they mean by this?

aluter

UK to Portugal

Post by aluter » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:23 pm

I am going away for xmas with my portuguese husband. Rang the embassy today to check that I will not have any problems.

And guess what, I was asked to apply for a tourist visa even though I have a resident card!!! Also I was going to have to pay for it cos I did not register our marriage with the portuguese embassy in the UK!.

I have traveled with easyjet to Italy with no visa just 3 months ago. Now this is happening with portgual and the irony is that my spouse is PORTUGUESE and we are traveling together.

I am furious! I do not plan to apply for any visa and will go ahead with our holiday plans

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:01 pm

What is the job of an embassy? To issue (and refuse to issue) visas. That is how they see the world.

Push back if you have a valid Residence Card or Permanent Residence Card.