ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

bringing British by descent child to UK without UK passport?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Machumama
Newly Registered

bringing British by descent child to UK without UK passport?

Post by Machumama » Thu May 10, 2012 2:42 am

I really hope someone can help with the following!
I'm British, born and lived there all my life, my daughter was born last year in Peru and has dual nationality having been registered as a british citizen born abroad. she only has her Peruvian passport and I do not have time to get her British one (don't have a suitale countersignature either having not been here for 2 years myself)
we are coming on holiday to the UK in july, how will I be able to get her entry without a UK passport?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 10, 2012 4:39 am

A British child may apply for a British passport or a Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.