ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is the marriage legally valid?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bangbang
Newly Registered

Is the marriage legally valid?

Post by Bangbang » Tue May 22, 2012 9:14 am

Hi All,

My only question is due to family pressure, religion and certain circumstances my father in law was very pushy for my nikah to be done after engagement before he allowed me to speak to my now wife.

As I was in work and not able to fly over we checked with a few scholars who said that we are able to perform the nikah over the telephone whilst recording it on skype with two witnesses present
along with a wali who will be the elder of the family.

So we had like a 100 relatives come over to my in laws house and a few here in my house in uk and we performed the nikah.

Since then my wife has had her passport and id card on my name bank account also.

I am flying over next month to apply for the spouse visa.

My concern is is this form of marraige valid?

If yes great

If no, its not hard to go and sign a new nikah this is permissible, if i do this shall I write in my application about the previous nikah
or shall I just tell her to apply for a fresh passport id card and act like its all new.

All help is very much appreciated

Thanking you all in advance

Bless you

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 22, 2012 1:17 pm

Please continue in the existing topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!