ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pretoria here I come (Spouse)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sin
Newly Registered

Pretoria here I come (Spouse)

Post by Sin » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:00 pm

Hi there guyz! Had a wedding in March 2007 it was a great one at a reseanable budget. After everything me and my wife realised that although I've got a pending application with HO I still need to leave the country for an entry clrearance. I will be withdrawing the pending application before I get another refusal and then make the trip.

This is what I've got in my evidence folder: Constructive criticism more than welcome :(

Particulars
Application form
My passport
Wife's passport
Letters from HO (from when entered + refusal letter)
Letter from my wife
Letter from me

Wedding
Marriage certificate
Wedding Photos
My wife's wedding dress receipt
Receipts from meanswear hire
Ring receipts
Limo invoice + receipt
First night hotel booking confirmation + receipt
Samples= wedding invitation, saved the dat, evening invitaion, guest list
Wedding cards from family and friends

Maintenance
Wife's employment contract
Wife's bank statements (6 months)
Wife's payslips (6 months)
Wife's P60
My bank statements (6 months)
Joint savings acc (£2000)
Our monthly budget ( showing £50 after everything)
My CV
My educatioonal qualifications
Job offer letters x 2

Accommodation
Tenancy agreement (with my name)
Letter from Landlord (describing the flat 2 bed etc)
Rent receipts
Council tax bill (with joint names)
Photos of the place
British gas bill
United utilities
TV Licence

Our relationship
Letter about when, where + how we met
Letter about the engagement
Engagement ring receipt
Engagement cards from friends and relatives
Photos of us together + other people
Cards sent between us
Letters from my wife
E-mails sent between us
Some tickets kept from activities done together
Motor insurance certificate (named driver)
Letters sent by companies addressed to both us
Landline phone bills + mobile phone bills

Guys this process is mind racking as me and my wife don't know what the outcome will be. We've been together for nearly 4 years and I know everything about and nearly everything about her family and vice versa.

Any comments will be highly appreciated.

:evil: It's been 3 yrs.....Now let me get my passport from the HO

We'll keep you updated.

[/b]

Sin
Newly Registered

Post by Sin » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:58 pm

Hi guyz... Its me again

Is it normal for HO to send passport to airport and not to my house...that is after requesting a withdrawal. Lady I spoke to offered assisted voluntary returned which I refused...good/bad decision? I just want to go unassisted ... Any ideas of what else or other documents they'll issue me when i'm at the airport bearing in mind i'm no overstayer but i have no leave remaining..

Do advise me,please

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:22 pm

Good idea not to go for assisted, and yes it's normal for the passport to go to the airport.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:10 pm

avjones wrote:Good idea not to go for assisted, and yes it's normal for the passport to go to the airport.
I know someone who withdrew their application from the HO, and their passport/supporting documents were sent back to them, not airport!

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:27 pm

In this case, the applicant has informed the Home Office that, not only is he withdrawing the application, but that he will shortly been leaving the UK voluntarily. In this case they do sometimes send the passport straight to the airport.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:49 pm

Exactly the same as the case I'm talking about! They withdrew their application because they were leaving UK voluntarily. Were offered assisted voluntary return, but they declined. And their passport/supporting documents were sent directly back to them within a week!

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:32 pm

As I said, they sometimes send them to the airport, they sometimes send them to the applicant. To send to the airport is not unusual.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Sin
Newly Registered

Post by Sin » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:08 pm

Thanks for the response guyz... No need to worry then! :D
Keep you updated!
Thanks again

katiepig
Newly Registered

Passport query

Post by katiepig » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:19 pm

Hello
Dont worry, it can be either.My husband had his passport sent two weeks ago to home, only because it was out of date and he needed to take it to his embassy for update. Otherwise i was told he could have it waiting at the airport.
Because my husbands 'start of the removal process' was due to a home office mistake, and we kept in contact about his plans ( he left within the week giving a copy of his flight details) they understood he was willing to leave voluntarily and more than happy to cancel the process( although the arresting officer said different!).
Our paperwork had also told him to go to his ticket office and report to immigration, which once at the airport,was met with shoulder shrugging, confusion and ignored.
We didn’t want assisted removal as this would mean recourse to public funds, and could possibly go against him in his spouse visa application. This was also noted and recorded in his immigration record as being a positive move, as per a letter to our MP from the Home Sectary.
I sent my husband of with a huge wad of stuff and your list looks as good as ours if not better.We have got 4 and a half years of marriage and a baby so hopefully thats enough proof of married life, if not, his grey hairs are always a telling factor!!
good luck

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:38 am

s it normal for HO to send passport to airport and not to my house...that is after requesting a withdrawal. Lady I spoke to offered assisted voluntary returned which I refused...good/bad decision? I just want to go unassisted ... Any ideas of what else or other documents they'll issue me when i'm at the airport bearing in mind i'm no overstayer but i have no leave remaining..
It is normal to send the passport to the airport, but when I requested my passport with the similar situation of yours HO returned it to my home address. Mainly because It was dealt with by my local MP, I decided to leave the country on his request and I made it clear that I am leaving the country so that I can return to the UK legally.
Sin, you made a right decision to leave the country and apply for entry clearance and also to leave unassisted.

Goodluck

Sin
Newly Registered

Post by Sin » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:44 am

Thank you very much guys for the input....Passport located & flights booked ..... Confirmation sent to HO...Ready to go + Wife coming with me :)

Sin
Newly Registered

Post by Sin » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:09 pm

Guyz... Apllication launched...VAC Staff very impressed with evidence.....
Even told it might take less than 5 working days
At UK airport they issued me with IS151A??? What does it mean?? Good or bad???

....Now bad news.....
My brother in UK was in court yestreday for deportation..... I was told by members of family who attended that the HO representative quoted me being in SA.. Without me here they would not be able to deport him cause he went to UK when he was 11 yrs old.

Now I feel that HO are using this opportunity of me being in my home country, to say my brother has got me to go back to in SA. sThey know vry wel;l that I'm here to apply for a spouse visa. The representative didn't mention anything about this in court. She just said his brother left the UK voluntarily...Yes, I do agree...but to apply for a spouse visa...She did not mention that one..

Anyway, the judge asked my mom what my status was in the UK, why did i leave, . She told them exactly the purpose of my trip. Asked about my wifes nationality (British), whether she is working in UK or not (she is, but in SA with me for the application) Both of us are stayng at a travel inn.(Mom metioned this one as well)

Guyz I'm begining to wonder......Will they refuse/delay the process due to my brother in UK pending deportation or it won't affect my case at all.?? I've got my own life to live with my wife...not with my brother... :evil:
Judge decision due in 2 weeks..... I'm proper nervous about this one......Thank you very much again guyz

Keep you posted.. :(

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:01 pm

IS151A is a removal notice, and it was expected, so don't worry.

I don't understand about your borther. Was it deportation or removal? Does he have a solicitor?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Sin
Newly Registered

Post by Sin » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:07 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thank you, and you and you......All of You
I wouldn't be smiling today if it wasn't for this board.....Deep scanning this board gave me an excellent evidence folder..... Thanks to everyone...

sammie121

Post by sammie121 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:35 pm

Did you get the visa???? hope so and if so congrats?

Sin
Newly Registered

Post by Sin » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:47 pm

Yeh, I got the visa Tuesday... No interview ..It just shows the more you provide the less hassle.. I searched this board from pg1 to last pg, it took me quite a few months but at the end it paid off.

Took a flight to Manch wednesday....Immigration control no problems at all..

Now I'm living life like any other normal couple/husband and wife in the UK.. Thanks to you....

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:00 pm

Congratulations!

SMOOTH OPERATOR

Post by SMOOTH OPERATOR » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:45 pm

Sin wrote: Took a flight to Manch wednesday....Immigration control no problems at all
congratulations sin!!!!

i think i was in ur situation as i too just got my spouse visa 3 months ago after being an overstayer for over 6 yrs and went back 2 nigeria to apply from there. when arrived at heathrow i was delayed for about 10 mins as the IO went away to check something with my passport when he came back he said all is well no problem its just because of ur immigration history, he said i may come across this situation every now and then.

since then this has made me have second thoughts about registering with IRIS and it may chicken me up when i use it when comin back from abroad.

just a quick question, did u go through any of this at all

Sin
Newly Registered

Post by Sin » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:29 pm

Smooth Operator same thing with me... This thing (IS151A) is on my passport. The IO asked " So you've been in trouble before" I said I wouldn't call it trouble cause I requested a voluntary return to apply for visa from my home country and I got my passport with " Issued with IS15A at Manchester" He then told me to wait 5 mns, he went to Chief Immigation Officer's office, 3mins later went to another with my passport ....to make phone call maybe......About 5 mins later, he came out straight to me, handed me my passport and said thank you....And i was off.....

I suspect whenever I enter UK they might wanna keep on checking bacause of that IS15A on my passport....The question is will i be let through everytime or ?? I don't know...Its making me a bit nervous, i might have to finish the 2yrs without going abroad... :cry:

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:54 pm

Now you have your new leave endorsed it should be easier next time.

Well done.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

SMOOTH OPERATOR

Post by SMOOTH OPERATOR » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:12 am

VictoriaS wrote:Now you have your new leave endorsed it should be easier next time.

Well done.

Victoria
hang on Victoria my leave is a new one too u know and was endorsed as i was an overstayer for 6 yrs and went to my home country to apply for a spouse visa in july. on my way in i experienced the same as sin.
ive just come back from greece and the same happpend to me again the IO said it will be on the record for a while (how long is for a while? until i get ILR or british passport?)

Sin
Newly Registered

Post by Sin » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:57 am

:D Update....

Got a new neighbour.....He works for HO... Now, he told me not to worry its just a standard procedure cause people lie....Its on their database...been recorded so no problems...All they do is to check whether their database says you are OK.... So once its says OK.....will be OK for good!!!

Thank yopu very much :D

SMOOTH OPERATOR

Post by SMOOTH OPERATOR » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:17 pm

thanks sin :D :D :D :D

did ur neighbour tell u how long it will be on file for? until u get ILR or british passport? :) :) :)

Sin
Newly Registered

Post by Sin » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:16 pm

Everything should be smooth........disappear after ILR.... :D
I love my new neighbour :D

:wink: Ya Welcome

Sin
Newly Registered

Post by Sin » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:18 pm

I'm not sure whether i made it clear..... He said the minute you get ILR...no more hassles...questions.....just friendly smiles :D