ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa Status - December 2008 Applicant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gulrajsingh
Newly Registered

Post by gulrajsingh » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:14 pm

tier1from_uk,

I am also getting crazy now. I should call BHC and eat their brains out. what the hack they are doing. its over 24 days for me.

gulraj

tier1from_uk

:

Post by tier1from_uk » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:50 pm

finally got the good news....... i m relaxed now.......... will have a good sleep after a long time..........
got my wife's visa stamped today.......
yesterday called BHC and i blasted at them........ the lady at the receiving end stopped me after i barked for 5 minutes and she said that ur wife has got the visa n u can collect from VFS in the evening...... i didnt believe them but after 5 pm indian time, status at the VFS website changed. wife couldnt go there yesterday..... she collected the pasport today and confirmed that she got the visa.........

Applied on: 18/12/08
Applied for: Tier-1 dependant
Passport received: 12th Feb:
Time taken: 34 working days

all the best to people who r waiting

gulrajsingh
Newly Registered

Post by gulrajsingh » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:12 am

tier1from_uk,

I am so happy for you.

I would also like to BLAT at them. They do not pick the phone, what number did you call?

so what did you say to them? how did the conversation go between you and BHC?

I think you even didn't provide employment letter, accommodation and photos but still got the visa and this relaxes me on the chances of getting visa for my wife as i have given them all those documents.

congrats!
gulraj

rimjhimjain
Newly Registered

Post by rimjhimjain » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:14 pm

tier1from_uk,

congrats.....I've trying to call and call....but same reply -- 'we cannot tell you anything more, the status can be checked from website' !!

do you think the blasting had an affect, or the visa was already stamped before that?

tier1from_uk

Post by tier1from_uk » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:33 pm

Hi Gulraj,

ya, in the first place i didnt provide accomodation details, employer details n marriage photos as i didnt know these were important n vfs guys didnt ask for it but later i sent few additional documents n wife submitted it at the visa gate which contained accommodation proofs n my employment details n after 10 days of submission of those docs, i got my wife's visa.
gulrajsingh wrote:tier1from_uk,

I am so happy for you.

I would also like to BLAT at them. They do not pick the phone, what number did you call?

so what did you say to them? how did the conversation go between you and BHC?

I think you even didn't provide employment letter, accommodation and photos but still got the visa and this relaxes me on the chances of getting visa for my wife as i have given them all those documents.

congrats!
gulraj

tier1from_uk

Post by tier1from_uk » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:36 pm

hi rimjhimjain,

it was already stamped. blasting just wasted my energy. it seems that all the applications submitted at delhi bhc is taking time n as ranjan n me, v both have got it after 30 working days, looks like that they r taking at least 30 working days to complete the processing of applications

tier1from_uk

Post by tier1from_uk » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:42 pm

hi gulraj,

the direct numbers to reach them are 24100020/21/22 but they never pick on these numbers. Dial 26872161 and ask the lady to connect you to the visa section. She will tell u to call them on direct line but u tell her to put u in the queue. Once she puts u in the queue, u'll eventually reach them but this can take 10-15 minutes but at least u'll get them...... timings r 1-4 pm (indian time)

i used to do this daily......n that too from uk........ what a torture. thangk god its over now..........

all the best

shubi81

Post by shubi81 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:18 am

Hi All,
Thanks ..I got the correct place to post my concern !
Same thing , Dependant Visa submitted on 19th Dec at VFS Kolkata & status is still showing as 'forwarded...'

so I presume , it's taking more than 30 working days in BHC Delhi ..I hope that it's stamped by this week ..

Congrats Ranjan n all ..!

Thanks
Shubi
tier1from_uk wrote:hi gulraj,

the direct numbers to reach them are 24100020/21/22 but they never pick on these numbers. Dial 26872161 and ask the lady to connect you to the visa section. She will tell u to call them on direct line but u tell her to put u in the queue. Once she puts u in the queue, u'll eventually reach them but this can take 10-15 minutes but at least u'll get them...... timings r 1-4 pm (indian time)

i used to do this daily......n that too from uk........ what a torture. thangk god its over now..........

all the best

rimjhimjain
Newly Registered

Post by rimjhimjain » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:37 am

I can understand the torture! Been going through the same problem every day for weeks!

Hope the wait ends soon!

tier1from_uk wrote:hi gulraj,

all the best

gulrajsingh
Newly Registered

Post by gulrajsingh » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:05 pm

I got my status changed now "posted via Blue dart....". will get the passport by tomorrow. finger crossed for positive results... :roll:

gulraj

rimjhimjain
Newly Registered

Post by rimjhimjain » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:50 pm

That's great Gulraj, Congrats!!
Did you do any follow ups? Fax for urgency or anything?
I applied on 8th Jan and still waiting! :(

Please share the result when you receive your passport...

gulrajsingh wrote:I got my status changed now "posted via Blue dart....". will get the passport by tomorrow. finger crossed for positive results... :roll:

gulraj

mbasaaga

Post by mbasaaga » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:01 pm

did anyone apply from UK for dependent tier 1 visa in december and has the status "under further consideration"?
rimjhimjain wrote:That's great Gulraj, Congrats!!
Did you do any follow ups? Fax for urgency or anything?
I applied on 8th Jan and still waiting! :(

Please share the result when you receive your passport...

gulrajsingh wrote:I got my status changed now "posted via Blue dart....". will get the passport by tomorrow. finger crossed for positive results... :roll:

gulraj

gulrajsingh
Newly Registered

Post by gulrajsingh » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:17 pm

Hurraaayyy... got the VISA 8) :D :? :) :o :lol:

so here is the time line:
Applied VSF Jalandhar : 12-Jan-09
Stamped & received passport : 18-Feb-09

Never called BHC( i was going to but couldn't)

here is the covering letter + documents i sent:
To,

Assessing Officer
British High Commission,
New Delhi

Subject: Application for Tier 1 (General) Dependant.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, <name>, wish to apply for entry clearance to UK for ‘Tier 1 (General) – Dependant’ as a dependant to my husband <name>. His details are as following;

Name: <name>

Passport No: A7xxxx

Tier1 (General) Visa number: UK2xxxxx valid till Septxxxx

Following are the documents provided along with my application.

1. Identity

· Passport (G2176069)
Vote ID card

2. Relationship evidence

· Marriage Registration Certificate
· Marriage Photographs
· Certificate of Marriage from Gurdwara Lakeer Sahib, Tarn Taran
invitation card

3. Sponsor’s Identity

* Copy of my husband’s Passport( Axxxxxx)
* Copy of Tier 1Visa
* Tier 1 (General) approval letter from Home office

4. Maintenance Funds

* For last three months, we are maintaining funds in excess of £2400 [£1600(dependent) + £800(sponsor)]
* Attached is the original bank statements from Halifax Bank showing the maintenance fund always remained above £2400 for last three months
* The claim period is from 29-Sept-2008 till 29-Dec-2008.
* Additionally, We have attached bank statements from ICICI Bank and Barclays Bank showing collective available funds on 29-Dec-2008 were over £xxxxxxx [£xxxx(Halifax) + £xxx(Barclays) + £xxxx(ICICI, Rsxxxx converted to £xxx with exchange rate of 80 as per VFS website) ]

I trust the information that I have provided is satisfactory and correct to my knowledge. Please contact me if you have any question or require any additional information.

Thanking you.

Truly,

name
address etc

###############################
sponsor's letter
To,
Assessing Officer
British High Commission,
New Delhi

Subject: Sponsoring my wife <name> for Tier 1 (General) Dependant visa.

Dear Madam/Sir,

I, <name> , wish to sponsor my wife <name> as Tier 1 (General) dependent.

Job & Salary:

I work with xxxx as a Risk Analyst since March 2006 & hold full-time permanent position with annual salary of £xxxxx.

Please find enclosed:

a) Letter from employer.

b) Payslips from Jan-Dec 2008

c) P60

d) Barclays bank statements showing monthly salary from xxxxx (marked green on statements)

Maintenance funds:

I hold three different bank accounts:

1) Halifax UK

2) Barclays UK

3) ICICI India

However, for this section, I would like only my Halifax bank account to be considered for the ease of the Assessing Officer and save the hassles of considering multiple accounts.

In my Halifax bank account, I have maintained funds over £2400 [1600(dependent) + 800(myself)] for last three months from 29-Sept till 29-Dec-2008

Please find enclosed:

a) Original Halifax Bank Statements from 29-Dec-2007 till 29-Dec-2008.

b) Claim period is from 29-Sept-2008 till 29-Dec-2008

c) Funds never dropped below £2400 during last 3 months

However, I have also enclosed original bank statements from my Barclays & ICICI bank. The collective funds available in all three bank accounts on 29-Dec-2008 were over £xxxx [£xxx(Halifax) + £xxxx(Barclays) + £xxxx(ICICI, Rsxxxx converted to xxxx with exchange rate of 80 as per VFS website)

Halifax Bank Details:
URL: http://www.halifax.co.uk
Account Holder’s Name: xxxx
Account No: xxxx
Sort Code: xxxxx

Barclays Bank Details:
URL: http://www.barclays.co.uk
Account Holder’s Name: xxxxx
Account No: xxxxx

ICICI Bank Details:
URL: http://www.icicibank.com

Accommodation in UK:

I have adequate accommodation for my wife. I am an owner of 2 bedroom terraced house in UK. I am the only person living in the property and there are enough rooms for both of us.

Please find enclosed:

1. Land Registry; Title number: xxxxxxxx & official copy of register Entries (under s.67 of the Land Registration Act 2002, this copy is admissible in evidence to same extent as the original. Issued on 12 March 2007 from Land Registry Gloucester Office) showing freehold title in my name and evidence of purchase.
2. Slough Council Tax Bill for year 2008-09 showing only one adult is resident at the property (marked green on the bill).
3. Home Insurance Document; Policy number xxxxx showing it is a terraced house and has 2 bedrooms (marked green on document)
4. Mortgage Statements from Halifax bank. (stamped/attested)
5. Halifax bank Statements showing mortgage of £xxxx is deducted on monthly bases(marked green)
6. Utility bills: Yearly TV Licence, Quarterly Gas & Electricity bills

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information regarding any aspect of the application, please do not hesitate to contact me via any modes of communication noted at the top of this letter.

Thanking you.

Yours Sincerely,

#####################################

Looks if the documentation is good you will get visa for sure but with months wait. good luck everyone.

gulraj

sasb
Newly Registered

not received visa yet

Post by sasb » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:42 pm

hi all, i hav applied for tier1 dependent visa from kolkata vfs on 19 th december, status till date showing forwarded to ...,
i had taken the marriage pix with me, but vfs kolkata told me "not required"..i have submitted only the marriage certificate in favour of my relationship. also in my passport, my spouses name is there.. can any body tell me if that may cause any prob? as it is takin too much time.. :cry:

sasb
Newly Registered

tier1 dependent

Post by sasb » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:05 pm

tier1from_uk wrote:I also have been calling BHC almost everyday n each time i get a different response. Today i got anoter comment from one of them saying that all tier 1 applications including the dependant ones are taking 60 working days. bloody bull shit.
ya, some are sayin that there is a backlog..but if this is the case, then there are some who already got there visa within 3-4 weeks,i have applied for dependent on 19 th december'08. but still no update in status, it is more than 2.5 months. I dont know how long at max they can take??? :cry:

sasb
Newly Registered

called BHC delhi

Post by sasb » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:25 pm

Hi all, i called today BHC delhi, after takin d passport no. they said a decesion has been taken already and it shud hav reached by now. but i checked the status its still showing forwarded to BHC. Is it possible that the BHC delhi gave wrong information?pls do reply.. i m in great worry.. :cry: :(

friend_333

HI Congrats

Post by friend_333 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:37 pm

Hi
Congrats.
Can you plz tell me that do we need to get bank statements stamped ?
Also what VAF application form is needed ?

Thanks

gulrajsingh wrote:Hurraaayyy... got the VISA 8) :D :? :) :o :lol:

so here is the time line:
Applied VSF Jalandhar : 12-Jan-09
Stamped & received passport : 18-Feb-09

Never called BHC( i was going to but couldn't)

here is the covering letter + documents i sent:
To,

Assessing Officer
British High Commission,
New Delhi

Subject: Application for Tier 1 (General) Dependant.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, <name>, wish to apply for entry clearance to UK for ‘Tier 1 (General) – Dependant’ as a dependant to my husband <name>. His details are as following;

Name: <name>

Passport No: A7xxxx

Tier1 (General) Visa number: UK2xxxxx valid till Septxxxx

Following are the documents provided along with my application.

1. Identity

· Passport (G2176069)
Vote ID card

2. Relationship evidence

· Marriage Registration Certificate
· Marriage Photographs
· Certificate of Marriage from Gurdwara Lakeer Sahib, Tarn Taran
invitation card

3. Sponsor’s Identity

* Copy of my husband’s Passport( Axxxxxx)
* Copy of Tier 1Visa
* Tier 1 (General) approval letter from Home office

4. Maintenance Funds

* For last three months, we are maintaining funds in excess of £2400 [£1600(dependent) + £800(sponsor)]
* Attached is the original bank statements from Halifax Bank showing the maintenance fund always remained above £2400 for last three months
* The claim period is from 29-Sept-2008 till 29-Dec-2008.
* Additionally, We have attached bank statements from ICICI Bank and Barclays Bank showing collective available funds on 29-Dec-2008 were over £xxxxxxx [£xxxx(Halifax) + £xxx(Barclays) + £xxxx(ICICI, Rsxxxx converted to £xxx with exchange rate of 80 as per VFS website) ]

I trust the information that I have provided is satisfactory and correct to my knowledge. Please contact me if you have any question or require any additional information.

Thanking you.

Truly,

name
address etc

sponsor's letter
To,
Assessing Officer
British High Commission,
New Delhi

Subject: Sponsoring my wife <name> for Tier 1 (General) Dependant visa.

Dear Madam/Sir,

I, <name> , wish to sponsor my wife <name> as Tier 1 (General) dependent.

Job & Salary:

I work with xxxx as a Risk Analyst since March 2006 & hold full-time permanent position with annual salary of £xxxxx.

Please find enclosed:

a) Letter from employer.

b) Payslips from Jan-Dec 2008

c) P60

d) Barclays bank statements showing monthly salary from xxxxx (marked green on statements)

Maintenance funds:

I hold three different bank accounts:

1) Halifax UK

2) Barclays UK

3) ICICI India

However, for this section, I would like only my Halifax bank account to be considered for the ease of the Assessing Officer and save the hassles of considering multiple accounts.

In my Halifax bank account, I have maintained funds over £2400 [1600(dependent) + 800(myself)] for last three months from 29-Sept till 29-Dec-2008

Please find enclosed:

a) Original Halifax Bank Statements from 29-Dec-2007 till 29-Dec-2008.

b) Claim period is from 29-Sept-2008 till 29-Dec-2008

c) Funds never dropped below £2400 during last 3 months

However, I have also enclosed original bank statements from my Barclays & ICICI bank. The collective funds available in all three bank accounts on 29-Dec-2008 were over £xxxx [£xxx(Halifax) + £xxxx(Barclays) + £xxxx(ICICI, Rsxxxx converted to xxxx with exchange rate of 80 as per VFS website)

Halifax Bank Details:
URL: http://www.halifax.co.uk
Account Holder’s Name: xxxx
Account No: xxxx

Barclays Bank Details:
URL: http://www.barclays.co.uk

ICICI Bank Details:
URL: http://www.icicibank.com

Accommodation in UK:

I have adequate accommodation for my wife. I am an owner of 2 bedroom terraced house in UK. I am the only person living in the property and there are enough rooms for both of us.

Please find enclosed:

1. Land Registry; Title number: xxxxxxxx & official copy of register Entries (under s.67 of the Land Registration Act 2002, this copy is admissible in evidence to same extent as the original. Issued on 12 March 2007 from Land Registry Gloucester Office) showing freehold title in my name and evidence of purchase.
2. Slough Council Tax Bill for year 2008-09 showing only one adult is resident at the property (marked green on the bill).
3. Home Insurance Document; Policy number xxxxx showing it is a terraced house and has 2 bedrooms (marked green on document)
4. Mortgage Statements from Halifax bank. (stamped/attested)
5. Halifax bank Statements showing mortgage of £xxxx is deducted on monthly bases(marked green)
6. Utility bills: Yearly TV Licence, Quarterly Gas & Electricity bills

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information regarding any aspect of the application, please do not hesitate to contact me via any modes of communication noted at the top of this letter.

Thanking you.

Yours Sincerely,

#####################################

Looks if the documentation is good you will get visa for sure but with months wait. good luck everyone.

gulraj

sasb
Newly Registered

still waiting

Post by sasb » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:59 pm

any body from kolkata vfs applied in december'08 got the visa stamped?
For me now it is about 45 working days ...still waiting to get the visa....called BHC delhi, said decesion taken on 11 th feb and sent to kolkata...but kolkata vfs said they dont hav update regarding that. called BHC Delhi again today, they did not give any update, took my mob no. and told me they will call me if any reasults come out...what does that mean? I doubt they lost all my docs...

Does any body have an answer ???

rimjhimjain
Newly Registered

Re: still waiting

Post by rimjhimjain » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:30 pm

I am worried...

...my husband applied his dependent on 8th Jan and we still don't have any news...

BHC delhi is totally unhelpful and refuse to give any answer....this is pure criminal on their part :(

He was in UK on work permit and he's on verge of losing his job now!!! he cannot extend his leave and stay in India while waiting for this dependent!! It is ruining out entire life....all our safety net, all our hardwork is going down the drain.... it's breaking up my family !!! :(

any advise what can we do to expedite the process?

Please guys HELP !!!!!!

morjeker

Post by morjeker » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:36 pm

hi,

my husband had applied from vfs ahmedabad on 05/12/08 and we have still not recieved the visa. the visa office just says that it is under process.

Please help.

Thanks

rimjhimjain
Newly Registered

Received visa finally - THANK GOD!!

Post by rimjhimjain » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:32 pm

Hi all,

My husband finally got his visa :)

Applied on - 8th Jan 2009
Visa stamped on - 26th Feb 2009
Passport collected on - 27th Feb 2009
Total working days it took for processing = 34

I know there is nothing we can do to get info from BHC no matter how much you plead or threaten!! The only policy is to wait and watch, and keep faith :( and I can tell how difficult that is....!!

But still, it's good to keep calling both VFS and BHC regularly, and keep putting some pressure from your end.

Thanks to everyone on this forum who provided moral support!

Best of luck to all those who are waiting.

Regards,
Rimjhim

Manisharnie

Applied on 1st june-No result

Post by Manisharnie » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:24 pm

Hi Guys,My applied visa from Delhi VFS on 1st june but till now no result.has anyone else applied during this time period.please update ur status here

ukjobaspirer

Dependant visa status

Post by ukjobaspirer » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:59 am

My wife applied for Dependant visa from Chennai VFS. Has anyone applied from Chennai VFS recently? whats the current processing time?

Is there a separate thread to track Dependant visa processing times?

ukjobaspirer

Got the Dependant visa..

Post by ukjobaspirer » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:05 am

Seems like Dependant visa processing is real quick nowadays..

My wife applied for visa on 7th(Tuesday).
Yesterday the status changed to Passport sent back.. or watsoever..

Today morning(10th) she went and collected it back with the visa stamped.

So totally only 2 days!

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:49 pm

Hi,

I have applied for dependant visa for my wife, kid from VFS Bangalore on 20-July-2009. I would like to know the process time line from VFS Bangalore.

Regards
Kandasamy