ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Freelance teaching dance - professional sportsperson?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

User4003
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Freelance teaching dance - professional sportsperson?

Post by User4003 » Sun May 12, 2024 11:27 pm

Currently a BNO holder and have a main day job. I am intending to accept a dance teacher position on a freelancing basis. But just read about the rule about the government not allowing BNO visa holders to be employed as a professional sportsperson. Would the term professional sportsperson include dance as well and would accepting this position then violate the condition? Any advice would be greatly appreciated x.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Freelance teaching dance - professional sportsperson?

Post by Casa » Mon May 13, 2024 12:10 am

User4003 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 11:27 pm
Currently a BNO holder and have a main day job. I am intending to accept a dance teacher position on a freelancing basis. But just read about the rule about the government not allowing BNO visa holders to be employed as a professional sportsperson. Would the term professional sportsperson include dance as well and would accepting this position then violate the condition? Any advice would be greatly appreciated x.
Dance isn't listed under the official categories for sports person endorsements. I believe a dance teacher would be considered as physical education, not sport.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ing-bodies
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.