ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Possible fraudulent marriage

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sdndvs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Possible fraudulent marriage

Post by sdndvs » Tue May 14, 2024 4:10 am

I hope someone can help I have a family member in a similar situation to this - viewtopic.php?t=246038&start=25#p1725574

1 year he has been in the UK and then left when child was 2months old. Never enquired about the child, never came to see the child, then when breakdown of marriage was notified to HO, he suddenly tries to blackmail my cousin to either help him get his visa or he would fight for custody of the child.

She broke her back earning enough to get him over here even lending him money whilst he was still waiting for the visa. When he did get here, the first 5 months seemed ok, but then she fell pregnant, lost her job and when he left to his country and came back (family bereavement) he changed - he refused to tell his family my cousin was pregnant. Took no interest in her after this and just stayed out all the time. She had a hard pregnancy, with a premature baby and he did not care. The newborn ended up back in hospital and again did not care, sending my cousins mom instead - because he didnt know enough english. She begged him to learn more english he refused or even lied that he had plenty english but never once spoke it. he had ot be forced to even hold the baby.

We are all beginning to believe he just used her to get into the UK. The day she returned home from hospital, he said he didnt love her, and when she finally asked where he was going all the time and why he wasnt giving any money for the baby he simply ended the marriage. When she accused him of using her for a visa - he just laughed. His family kept accusing her of failing the marriage and said he threatened he'd take the baby back to his own county. He has nothing to do with the baby - even still now 5months on and they are both now in family court - where the judge is forcing her to provide development of the baby he has no interest in and refused the PSO? The refusal was simply based on him not being a flight risk now that his visa is pending so he cant leave the UK as he wont be allowed back in.

What are her chances of him being refused access? his priority has always been himself, forking out money for solicitors but giving none to the baby how can he possibly prove that he would be of any benefit to the baby? all this stress is wreaking havoc on her, she would not be able to cope if her child is taken away.

Any help advice would be would be great.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Possible fraudulent marriage

Post by Casa » Tue May 14, 2024 8:53 am

Firstly, has your cousin notified the Home Office that the relationship has broken down and is no longer subsisting?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nsent-form
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sdndvs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Possible fraudulent marriage

Post by sdndvs » Tue May 14, 2024 1:40 pm

Yes - she completed it a month or two after he left and he finally said he was not coming back.

shes currently awaiting CAFCAS assessment.