ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Previous address

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imranahmadkhan
Newly Registered

Naturalisation - Previous address

Post by imranahmadkhan » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:14 pm

Hi,

I will be completing 5 years next month working in UK and will be applying for Naturalisation (I already have ILR). While looking at the AN form, it ask for all the prevoius address in the last 5 years. When I landed in UK the first month accomodation was provided to me by my company in a hotel. After the first month I stayed with a friend for a week and then rented a home. Now I could not remember the address of my friend where I stayed and my friend has left UK almost 4 years ago. He is also not sure of the address. What should I do in this case?

djb123
Member of Standing

Re: Naturalisation - Previous address

Post by djb123 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:20 am

imranahmadkhan wrote:Hi,

I will be completing 5 years next month working in UK and will be applying for Naturalisation (I already have ILR). While looking at the AN form, it ask for all the prevoius address in the last 5 years. When I landed in UK the first month accomodation was provided to me by my company in a hotel. After the first month I stayed with a friend for a week and then rented a home. Now I could not remember the address of my friend where I stayed and my friend has left UK almost 4 years ago. He is also not sure of the address. What should I do in this case?
Just be honest and put that on the form, after all it is only for a week.

I wouldn't necessarily reccommend it but assuming that the BIA can't trace where you were actually living that week you could be dishonest instead and fill in the address of someone you could have stayed with.

whirly

Re: Naturalisation - Previous address

Post by whirly » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:28 pm

djb123 wrote:Just be honest and put that on the form, after all it is only for a week.

I wouldn't necessarily reccommend it but assuming that the BIA can't trace where you were actually living that week you could be dishonest instead and fill in the address of someone you could have stayed with.
I agree completely with djb's first comment: be honest. I had several months without an exact address and simply wrote the dates with 'no address / staying with friends' and I had no problems.

As for the second comment: don't falsify things especially for the sake of one week. It's not worth it.

Good luck!