ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 general form - queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Tier1 general form - queries

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:25 pm

Hi Forum,

Please pardon this long mail with application form queries. The list was even longer but I browsed the forum and considerably shortened the list.

I am on an HSMP visa and has got my initial EC in January 2008. Here are queries on the form:

1) A-10 - Payment details – Can I pay the fees using my wife’s credit card? I do have a debit card but have read cases in the forum where debit card transaction has been declined by the bank and I do not want to take a risk.
2) B10 – Home office reference number – Is this the one from the HSMP approval letter?
3) B13 - PBS migrant reference number – Am I correct in assuming that this is not applicable for me?
4) B14 – UK ID card number – I have a driving licence, should I mention it here, or do they mean some other ID?
5) C9 – ICFN details. Is this applicable for me?
6) D2- Where did the applicant obtain entry clearance or visa before travelling to the UK? I applied from Pune VFS, and the visa was approved at the Mumbai BHC. Should I mention Pune or Mumbai in this section?
7) D4 – Visa reference number, I can see a lot of ID-like numbers on the visa, how to identify the reference number needed to be filled in here.
8 ) D6 – Port of entry, should this be just LONDON, or LONDON HEATHROW.
9) The application form is huge and consists of a lot of not-applicable sections (like Sections 3A and 3B), and help information. Is it ok to just include the relevant pages of the form with the application?
10) There are a lot of documents which were there for my initial HSMP application so I am not sending them again as evidence. Can someone please confirm that we do NOT have to send these again? Namely:

Age proof: Driving licence
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree and other marksheets
English language requirement: IELTS score report.

11) For previous earnings I would be including payslips from Sep 2008 to Feb 2009 from my previous employer. I was not working the month of March so there is no payslip. Then there are payslips from April 2009 to August 2009, which makes it 12 consecutive months. So I would be adding the 2 ranges mentioned above in the table at T4. I have proper formal payslips and bank statements showing salary credit for these durations. Would this be enough for previous earnings or would I have to attach the P45 from my previous employer as well?
12) I have an experience certificate from my previous employer and I can get an employer verification letter from my present employer. Is there any other documentation I should submit from my previous/present employer as an evidence of UK experience?
13) I am assuming the maintenance fund requirement would be satisfied by the bank statements I am providing for previous earnings above.
14) I am also applying for my wife’s visa extension as my dependant. Do we need to get any documentation from her employer?

Once again, please pardon the barrage of queries. Looking forward to hearing from senior members.

Regards

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:01 pm

1) A-10 - Payment details – Can I pay the fees using my wife’s credit card? I do have a debit card but have read cases in the forum where debit card transaction has been declined by the bank and I do not want to take a risk.
Transactions have equal chance of being declined for both credit and debit card. If you are so worried, make a postal order/bankers draft as these are safest.

2) B10 – Home office reference number – Is this the one from the HSMP approval letter?
Yes

3) B13 - PBS migrant reference number – Am I correct in assuming that this is not applicable for me?
That is correct

4) B14 – UK ID card number – I have a driving licence, should I mention it here, or do they mean some other ID?
This is the Identity Card for Foreign Nationals, and since you are on HSMP you probably don’t have one.

5) C9 – ICFN details. Is this applicable for me?
See above

6) D2- Where did the applicant obtain entry clearance or visa before travelling to the UK? I applied from Pune VFS, and the visa was approved at the Mumbai BHC. Should I mention Pune or Mumbai in this section?
Mention Mumbai

7) D4 – Visa reference number, I can see a lot of ID-like numbers on the visa, how to identify the reference number needed to be filled in here.
This is the VAF Number printed on your visa

8 ) D6 – Port of entry, should this be just LONDON, or LONDON HEATHROW.
London is sufficient

9) The application form is huge and consists of a lot of not-applicable sections (like Sections 3A and 3B), and help information. Is it ok to just include the relevant pages of the form with the application?
I hope someone else answers this for you. I included everything even though they were blank

10) There are a lot of documents which were there for my initial HSMP application so I am not sending them again as evidence. Can someone please confirm that we do NOT have to send these again? Namely:

Age proof: Driving licence
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree and other marksheets
English language requirement: IELTS score report.
You do not need to send these, for English and Qualification you can tick sent with initial application. For age, you can tick passport.

11) For previous earnings I would be including payslips from Sep 2008 to Feb 2009 from my previous employer. I was not working the month of March so there is no payslip. Then there are payslips from April 2009 to August 2009, which makes it 12 consecutive months. So I would be adding the 2 ranges mentioned above in the table at T4. I have proper formal payslips and bank statements showing salary credit for these durations. Would this be enough for previous earnings or would I have to attach the P45 from my previous employer as well?
P45 and Payslips are treated as document from the same source, so you only need to send one or the other. If you have payslips stick with those as they are safer.

12) I have an experience certificate from my previous employer and I can get an employer verification letter from my present employer. Is there any other documentation I should submit from my previous/present employer as an evidence of UK experience?
You don’t need to submit anything additional as proof of UK experience. Payslips are sufficient.

13) I am assuming the maintenance fund requirement would be satisfied by the bank statements I am providing for previous earnings above.
As long as the minimum balance for the last three months of the statement are above the required amount for both you and your wife.

14) I am also applying for my wife’s visa extension as my dependant. Do we need to get any documentation from her employer?
You don’t have to as she is applying as your dependant. However, if you attach a letter from her employer it will show the Home Office that both you and your wife are contributing to taxes, N.I., etc. It may not be of any use but it definitely not harmful.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

sujyo

Post by sujyo » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:14 pm

SOMEONE TOLD ME ITS THE RED NUMBER ON THE VISA AND I HAVE ENTERED THAT. I M PLANNING TO APLLY NEXT WEEK

D2- Where did the applicant obtain entry clearance or visa before travelling to the UK? I applied from Pune VFS, and the visa was approved at the Mumbai BHC. Should I mention Pune or Mumbai in this section?
Mention Mumbai

I ENTERED UK AT MANCHESTER......SO COUNTRY I HAVE WRITTEN AS UNITED KINGDOM AND CITY AS MANCHESTER......THIS I HAD WRITTEN FOR MY WORK PERMIT WHICH I GOT APPROVED. DONT KNWO FOR THIS TIER 1 GENERAL

CAN ANYONE CLARIFY.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:17 pm

sujyo wrote:D2- Where did the applicant obtain entry clearance or visa before travelling to the UK? I applied from Pune VFS, and the visa was approved at the Mumbai BHC. Should I mention Pune or Mumbai in this section?
Mention Mumbai

I ENTERED UK AT MANCHESTER......SO COUNTRY I HAVE WRITTEN AS UNITED KINGDOM AND CITY AS MANCHESTER......THIS I HAD WRITTEN FOR MY WORK PERMIT WHICH I GOT APPROVED. DONT KNWO FOR THIS TIER 1 GENERAL

CAN ANYONE CLARIFY.
It is where you got the visa beofre entering the country. It says so in the question itself.

sujyo

Post by sujyo » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:20 pm

JUST CLARIFYING FURHTER

IT SAYS ENTRY CLEARANCE OR VISA......

IS IT NOT RIGHT THAT I HAVE ENTERED ENTRY CLEARANCE DETAILS

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:25 pm

sujyo wrote:JUST CLARIFYING FURHTER

IT SAYS ENTRY CLEARANCE OR VISA......

IS IT NOT RIGHT THAT I HAVE ENTERED ENTRY CLEARANCE DETAILS
Entry Clearance is another word for Visa. Manchester is your Port of Entry which will be your answer for D6.

sujyo

Post by sujyo » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:31 pm

THANKS FO UR REPLY

D5 - ARE EITHER THEAPPLICANTS CURRENT AND OR ANY ONE OF HIS HER PERVOISU PASSPORTS OR TRAVEL DOCUMENTS USED TO TRAVEL SHOW HIS HER CURRENT LEAV E UNAVALAIBLE?

IF QUE D5 IS ANSWERED NO IT SAYS GO TO QUESTION D11.

SO YOU DONT HAVE TO ANSWER D6 -WHICH IS AT WHCIH PORT U ENTERED UK.

AM I RIGHT?

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:35 pm

sujyo wrote:THANKS FO UR REPLY

D5 - ARE EITHER THEAPPLICANTS CURRENT AND OR ANY ONE OF HIS HER PERVOISU PASSPORTS OR TRAVEL DOCUMENTS USED TO TRAVEL SHOW HIS HER CURRENT LEAV E UNAVALAIBLE?

IF QUE D5 IS ANSWERED NO IT SAYS GO TO QUESTION D11.

SO YOU DONT HAVE TO ANSWER D6 -WHICH IS AT WHCIH PORT U ENTERED UK.

AM I RIGHT?
That's correct.

sujyo

Post by sujyo » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:46 pm

I AM CLAIMING MY PREVIOUS EARNINGS FROM SEPT 08 TO AUG 09.

MY SALARY GETS DEPOSITED IN THE BANK ON 29TH OF EVERY MONTH.

WHAT SHOULD I PUT THE START DATE AND END DATE FOR CLAIMING PREVIOUS EARNINGS.

sujyo

TIER 1 GENERAL QUERIES

Post by sujyo » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:48 pm

T5- CURRENCY IN WHIHC THE EARNINGS WERE PAID.

SHOULD IT BE GBP OR POUNDS STERLING

push
United Kingdom

Re: TIER 1 GENERAL QUERIES

Post by push » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:39 pm

sujyo wrote:T5- CURRENCY IN WHIHC THE EARNINGS WERE PAID.

SHOULD IT BE GBP OR POUNDS STERLING
GBP
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:26 am

hi Cheshiregoan,

Thanks for your valuable inputs. I might actually go for the postal order to be safe. I am not sure how much extra it will cost me to do so though. Can other senior members comment if the cost is worth spending? Would I be able to send across a postal order later if there are some payment issues, without my application being affected?

I would be starting another thread to confirm if I am sending all the right documentation for me and my wife.

Sujyo, thanks for your input as well, and good luck with your application.

Regards

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:15 am

InUkOnHsmp wrote:hi Cheshiregoan,

Thanks for your valuable inputs. I might actually go for the postal order to be safe. I am not sure how much extra it will cost me to do so though. Can other senior members comment if the cost is worth spending? Would I be able to send across a postal order later if there are some payment issues, without my application being affected?

I would be starting another thread to confirm if I am sending all the right documentation for me and my wife.

Sujyo, thanks for your input as well, and good luck with your application.

Regards
I was trying to see the charges on the Post Office website and turns out the maximum value for each postal order is £250. I'm not certain if you can attach multiple postal orders along with your application. But for every £250 you have to pay £10 in charges.

Once again, I'm not sure about the exact procedure about paying with multiple orders, so I can't comment any further.

And regarding failed payments, they re-send the application saying payment has failed so after that you have to re-send the entire application pack once again.

sujyo

Inukonhsmp - can u pl answer my query

Post by sujyo » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:20 am

I AM CLAIMING MY PREVIOUS EARNINGS FROM SEPT 08 TO AUG 09.

MY SALARY GETS DEPOSITED IN THE BANK ON 29TH OF EVERY MONTH.

WHAT SHOULD I PUT THE START DATE AND END DATE FOR CLAIMING PREVIOUS EARNINGS.

kash790

Post by kash790 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:30 pm

What if attached another page with another card information and mention if the payment is failed please use another card?

Nagu

Post by Nagu » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:47 pm

Hi,

I just got the payslip and credited my salry in my bank account. If i request bank statement until today for the current month to show my salary credit for one of my 12 months pay, would it be any issue since i am not sending complete month bank statement (upto30 jan)???

Thanks,
Nagu

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:33 pm

Nagu wrote:Hi,

I just got the payslip and credited my salry in my bank account. If i request bank statement until today for the current month to show my salary credit for one of my 12 months pay, would it be any issue since i am not sending complete month bank statement (upto30 jan)???

Thanks,
Nagu
thats fine
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Nagu

Post by Nagu » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:45 pm

What text/format we need to request from bank on Fund maintenance for last 3 months??

everyday_4_u

Is Tier1 General Visa requires ICFN?

Post by everyday_4_u » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:09 pm

I have applied for Tier1 General, fee has deducted and acknowldgment letter has issued. I am currently on student status and has got ICFN card. My question is, UKBA will again ask me for biomatric and issue me ICFN card again instead of sticking Visa Sticker on my passport???
One of my friend applied for Tier1 (Post work) and got Visa sticker on his passport but not ICFN card. So just want to know what happened in case of Tier1 general? Do they issue ICFN card only to Tier1 General or stick visa on passport?? Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Is Tier1 General Visa requires ICFN?

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:36 am

everyday_4_u wrote:I have applied for Tier1 General, fee has deducted and acknowldgment letter has issued. I am currently on student status and has got ICFN card. My question is, UKBA will again ask me for biomatric and issue me ICFN card again instead of sticking Visa Sticker on my passport???
One of my friend applied for Tier1 (Post work) and got Visa sticker on his passport but not ICFN card. So just want to know what happened in case of Tier1 general? Do they issue ICFN card only to Tier1 General or stick visa on passport?? Thanks.
No ICFN for Tier 1 (as yet).

regards

mubu

Post by mubu » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:33 am

cheshiregoan wrote:

P45 and Payslips are treated as document from the same source, so you only need to send one or the other. If you have payslips stick with those as they are safer.

Interested to know what happened to this case. I have read that income should be consecutive 12 months whereas this person had no payslip for March.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:58 pm

Hi mubu,

My visa got extended for another 3 years till 2013.

The points you claim can be for any consecutive 12 month period. You do not need to be employed throughout that period.

For example a friend of mine who is a contractor was employed only 7 months in that period, but was qualifying on the basis of that income, his extension was successful too.

Do let me know if you need any other inputs.

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!