ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying next week, need some final help with the form

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Applying next week, need some final help with the form

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:33 pm

Hi Forum,

Pardon my persistent queries, but I am planning to apply for extension asap next week and I still have some unresolved queries on the form. It would be great to have some inputs on the following:

1) In the previous earnings section, we need to fill an earnings table. Let me give a little bit of background here. I am claiming previous earnings points for the period September 2008 - August 2009. However, my earnings are split between Sep 2008 - Feb 2008 from Employer 1, and then Apr 2009 - Aug 2009 from Employer 2.

Do I need to add these two ranges in the table in T4 or just the 12 month duration mentioned above?

2) In T5, we need to give exact details of earnings and all. The first column of the table needs details of the employer, name of business etc and the start and end dates for this source of earning. Thats quite a lot of information to provide in the small space provided. How do people normally deal with the inadequately allocated space problem?

3) 2) In Section 3C section S (Qualifications Assessment), there is a section for duration of study with from and to date in dd/mm/yyyy format. Now I remember the years I studied, but am a little hazy on the exact dates including dd/mm. How do you suggest I deal with this? Note that I am not sending any evidence for qualifications as I submitted the same for my initial application. Is it ok to fill in approximate dates here?

Regards
InUkOnHsmp

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Applying next week, need some final help with the form

Post by mvent00 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:22 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hi Forum,

Pardon my persistent queries, but I am planning to apply for extension asap next week and I still have some unresolved queries on the form. It would be great to have some inputs on the following:

1) In the previous earnings section, we need to fill an earnings table. Let me give a little bit of background here. I am claiming previous earnings points for the period September 2008 - August 2009. However, my earnings are split between Sep 2008 - Feb 2008 from Employer 1, and then Apr 2009 - Aug 2009 from Employer 2.

Do I need to add these two ranges in the table in T4 or just the 12 month duration mentioned above?

.....you need to mention two ranges.

2) In T5, we need to give exact details of earnings and all. The first column of the table needs details of the employer, name of business etc and the start and end dates for this source of earning. Thats quite a lot of information to provide in the small space provided. How do people normally deal with the inadequately allocated space problem?

.....try to write as smaller as possible, if some part comes out of table, it does not matter. It was their responsibility to provide enough space. You should not be worried about it.

3) 2) In Section 3C section S (Qualifications Assessment), there is a section for duration of study with from and to date in dd/mm/yyyy format. Now I remember the years I studied, but am a little hazy on the exact dates including dd/mm. How do you suggest I deal with this? Note that I am not sending any evidence for qualifications as I submitted the same for my initial application. Is it ok to fill in approximate dates here?

........Don't you have the copy of previous application, or youu academic transcript? Cann't you ask your University about it? I would advise you to give the same information that you have already provided.

Regards
InUkOnHsmp

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:46 pm

Hi Mvent00,

Firstly thanks a ton for your response. Its getting closer to the application date and I so needed these inputs.

On my 3rd question, my degree only mentions "Summer 2001", and the marksheets have different dates as well.

Can someone who happens to have a copy of their HSMP initial application and the EC VAF application copy, confirm if the duration of study was one of the things we filled in?

If not then I can sleep easy and go ahead and mention approximate dates as then there would be nothing to compare with.

Unfortunately I did not retain any copies of my forms:(.

Regards

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:17 pm

Normally mark sheets are given at the end of completion of examinations, and they have an earlier date than that of the degree, which is awarded at a Graduation ceremony/Convocation, sometimes several months after examinations.

So, I think start date of your degree (date of admission) you could find on mark sheets and the final date would be your Graduation ceremony/Convocation day. Check for your Graduation ceremony/Convocation day with your colleagues/friends or your university.
InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hi Mvent00,

Firstly thanks a ton for your response. Its getting closer to the application date and I so needed these inputs.

On my 3rd question, my degree only mentions "Summer 2001", and the marksheets have different dates as well.

Can someone who happens to have a copy of their HSMP initial application and the EC VAF application copy, confirm if the duration of study was one of the things we filled in?

If not then I can sleep easy and go ahead and mention approximate dates as then there would be nothing to compare with.

Unfortunately I did not retain any copies of my forms:(.

Regards

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:23 am

Thanks mvent00, I am trying to find out the correct dates. In the meanwhile I have stumbled over another stone.

I just noticed that in some of my payslips where I received quarterly performance bonus from the company, there is a difference between the "Taxable gross pay" and the "NI gross pay".

Now I have always calculated previous earnings using the NI gross pay values, do I need to consider the Taxable gross pay values instead? The taxable gross pay values include the bonus and are consequently higher whereas the NI gross pay values dont.

Others on the forum who might have noticed this anomaly do share your experiences.

Regards

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:19 am

You should declare "Taxable gross pay".

Page 24 of 49, clause 124 of Tier 1 Guidance states:
Earnings may include, among other things:
• salaries (includes full-time, part-time, and bonuses);

But these should be correlated with your payslips.
InUkOnHsmp wrote:Thanks mvent00, I am trying to find out the correct dates. In the meanwhile I have stumbled over another stone.

I just noticed that in some of my payslips where I received quarterly performance bonus from the company, there is a difference between the "Taxable gross pay" and the "NI gross pay".

Now I have always calculated previous earnings using the NI gross pay values, do I need to consider the Taxable gross pay values instead? The taxable gross pay values include the bonus and are consequently higher whereas the NI gross pay values dont.

Others on the forum who might have noticed this anomaly do share your experiences.

Regards

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:34 am

Hi mvent00,

Thanks for the confirmation. I thought so too.

I am almost ready with my forms now, will put a final doc check post on the group soon.

Regards

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:46 am

Good luck!!
InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hi mvent00,

Thanks for the confirmation. I thought so too.

I am almost ready with my forms now, will put a final doc check post on the group soon.

Regards

email257525
BANNED

Hi

Post by email257525 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:18 pm

@mvent00

While talking about taxable gross pay, ni gross pay and total gross pay.

Which one actually need to be counted while calculatiing the earnings? According to the guidence notes they say total gross pay before tax and ni can be calculated as earnings.

thanls for replying

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Hi

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:33 pm

email257525 wrote: While talking about taxable gross pay, ni gross pay and total gross pay.

Which one actually need to be counted while calculatiing the earnings? According to the guidence notes they say total gross pay before tax and ni can be calculated as earnings.

thanls for replying
It's the actual gross pay before NI or tax are deducted i.e. taxable gross pay.

email257525
BANNED

Hi

Post by email257525 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:56 pm

@chetan

Thanks for ur reply,

I am thinking to attach employer letter with bank statement instead payslips.
Because in my payslips, there are lots of things like basic pay, adjustments, holiday pay, sick pay, expenses. And i am confused which one will i count and worries if i do a mistake.

If i present employer letter, will the below formate be fine as according to the guidence notes

Months, gross amount, net amount, date of credit into bank

These are four coloum....

Thanks for replying......

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Hi

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:05 pm

email257525 wrote:@chetan

Thanks for ur reply,

I am thinking to attach employer letter with bank statement instead payslips.
Because in my payslips, there are lots of things like basic pay, adjustments, holiday pay, sick pay, expenses. And i am confused which one will i count and worries if i do a mistake.

If i present employer letter, will the below formate be fine as according to the guidence notes

Months, gross amount, net amount, date of credit into bank

These are four coloum....

Thanks for replying......
Yes employer letter+bank statement is sufficient. I have uploaded employer letter template on the below below link ,just in case.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46010