ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

money needed after rent etc

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

haz2010
Newly Registered

money needed after rent etc

Post by haz2010 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:44 pm

If 102.95 is the amount required weekly after rent and loan payments for a couple is it more for a couple with a child? Also, where does the food bill fit into this?

I have a job, however can not increase my hours due to the cost of childcare. I am hoping that my partner will look after our son if he is granted his spouse visa therefore allowing me to work more hours and save on childcare as he would be able to look after him until he is two when he can go to nursery. How is this situation likely to be looked upon by ECO?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: money needed after rent etc

Post by ElenaW » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:58 pm

haz2010 wrote:If 102.95 is the amount required weekly after rent and loan payments for a couple is it more for a couple with a child? Also, where does the food bill fit into this?

I have a job, however can not increase my hours due to the cost of childcare. I am hoping that my partner will look after our son if he is granted his spouse visa therefore allowing me to work more hours and save on childcare as he would be able to look after him until he is two when he can go to nursery. How is this situation likely to be looked upon by ECO?
Yes add about £57 extra per child per week to that £103. You can pay for your food with the remaining £160. Don't forget the £103 is after rent, council tax, and debt repayments.

You should explain what you said about the child care in your application.