ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR at PEO Croydon on 4th May

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

akash08

Re: Applying for ILR at PEO Croydon on 4th May

Post by akash08 » Tue May 10, 2011 8:51 pm

Ambassador wrote:Hello,

I will be applying for ILR in SET(O) with my wife and daughter at PEO Croydon on 4th May. My status is WP (1.5 year) + HSMP + Tier1 (General). I am planning to submit the following documents:
4. 4 years P60 to cover HSMP + Tier1(General) period
Hi ambasador,

many thanks for sharing your experience. As I understand you did not have P60 for the WP period and you carried payslips instad (which wr returned to you). However, you mentioned that at the counter you said you have all P60.

Can you please elaborate? did you have all P60? Just trying to find out if it is required as I do not have P60 for the WP period.

Ambassador
Newly Registered

Post by Ambassador » Tue May 10, 2011 11:26 pm

I did have all the P60s, but submitted the payslip from the WP period.My payslip showed the expenses + salary and hence I thought would be a better document. The caseworker returned back the payslip and didn't asked for the P60 for the first year.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Wed May 11, 2011 2:50 pm

Ambassador wrote:I did have all the P60s, but submitted the payslip from the WP period.My payslip showed the expenses + salary and hence I thought would be a better document. The caseworker returned back the payslip and didn't asked for the P60 for the first year.
you said you have 5 P60. But i am not sure how have you managed to get the p60 for year ended on 5th Apr 2011

did you get the p60 for year ended on 5th Apr 2011? as it will be out only by end of this month.
I am struggling with this as i do not have the p60 yet and when i asked my company they said that it will be there with you by 31st may but we cannot guarantee when. will that be a problem.

The lady in accounts says i can get you the certificate of earnings for this year if that helps but i am not sure.

Ambassador
Newly Registered

Post by Ambassador » Wed May 11, 2011 9:14 pm

My company gave the P60 for 2011 on 27th April. It depends on the company how fast they can process the P60.
A letter from company with your salary figure will certainly help if you don't have the P60.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Thu May 12, 2011 9:03 am

Ambassador wrote:My company gave the P60 for 2011 on 27th April. It depends on the company how fast they can process the P60.
A letter from company with your salary figure will certainly help if you don't have the P60.
I see what you mean.. I am speaking to accounts for getting my P60 so thanks for letting me know.

Last favor from you mate! can you please send me the draft of the covering letter that you used? it would be great help if you can!

Ambassador
Newly Registered

Post by Ambassador » Thu May 12, 2011 4:25 pm

This is the template of the covering letter I used. Change the <> texts and wherever necessary. This is a copy from word document. The tables and formatting were not copied :shock: .
[quote]
Date: <Application Date>

To
The Officer in charge
UK Border Agency
Public Enquiry Office
Croydon

Subject: Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am applying for “Indefinite leave to remain in the UKâ€

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Fri May 13, 2011 4:24 pm

Ambassador wrote:This is the template of the covering letter I used. Change the <> texts and wherever necessary. This is a copy from word document. The tables and formatting were not copied :shock: .
Thank you so much.

niruv

Post by niruv » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:00 pm

Thanks Ambassador for sharing ur experience and cover letter. As my wife was out of uk for 10 months, so i thought i had to go for ILR dependent. But now your case gives me confidence that I can apply ILR for my wife as well.

harsha.evuri
Newly Registered

ILR - Kid is not 2 years old and stayed in india for 6 month

Post by harsha.evuri » Wed May 02, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi,
I have slightly different scenario.

I have completed 5 years in UK and my wife is staying with me from more than 2 years. We are applying for ILR this month.

We a had a baby born in UK and he hasn't completed 2 years yet. Also he stayed in india for 6 months with my parents.

My question is whether he will get the ILR or he will be dependent of us?

Could you please help as the application date is coming near

regards
harsh

kranthi15

Cohab proofs for ILR

Post by kranthi15 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:58 pm

guys... I am going for ILR next month,

in my case i don't have three proofs holding both names of me and my wife.. i do have bank statements, NHS cards, Payslips individually but refering to same address... I have council tax bill with both name for one year...of course marriage certificate.

will this be a OK ?? I dont have three proofs with both names?

@Nmm what is the letter from GP???
I am trying to get few more but wont be for 2 yrs period...like water and electricity.
Cheers

manojult
Newly Registered

ILR refused. Urgent Help needed

Post by manojult » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:03 pm

Hi memebers,
My wife's ILR has been refused.
She has been with me in the UK for 2 years and three months. She was on PSW visa initially and swithched to Tier 1 Dependant visa on Jan 22 2012.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Reading the rules, I can understand what everyone discussed here and I agree. But it is the UKBA that sees it differently. She has an option to appeal by march 28th.

All solicitors I talk to say that there is no point in appealing and are advising me to do a fresh incountry FLR application.
The issue is I have to make a decision fast.

Could people who have ILR dependant visa granted for spouses who have not been on dependant visa for 2 years please pass a few case reference numbers that I can cite in my appeal. Forgive me if you feel it is an intrusion on someones privacy, but I genuinely do not think that I can see any details if you cite the case reference number. It will make my appeal stronger(in light of three solicitors opinion).

Any help will be appreciated.