ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

receiving Working Tax Credits entitled free adult education?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

elisabeth1
Newly Registered

receiving Working Tax Credits entitled free adult education?

Post by elisabeth1 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:41 am

My Egyptian husband, I am English, has worked full-time since arriving in England. He is here on a spouse visa.I worked full-time too but lost my full-time job and now work part-time. We are now receiving Working Tax Credit and also Child Tax Credit for my daughter from a previous relationship, she is English. My question is;My husaband has just started on an ESOL course and has been told by the college that if we are receiving Working Tax Credit he does not have to pay for the course. If he does not pay for the course will this be Public Funds and affect his application for ILR?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:18 am

There is no problem him getting that fee exemption. He should proceed to claim it.

This is in the same way as the NHS Exemption card that will have been received, no problem your husband using that to get free NHS prescriptions and free NHS dentistry.
John