ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying Visa extension for Child, dependent - Skilled Worker route

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix

subhachat
Newly Registered
India

applying Visa extension for Child, dependent - Skilled Worker route

Post by subhachat » Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:19 pm

Dear Team,
I am filing a Visa extension application for my daughter (age 7+ years, born and raised in the U.K.).
It is not yet complete and payment for the IHS fees is pending.

I request your kind help in clarifying my doubts.

I have entered all the details on her behalf in the visa form. Her last visa was valid till 29th Aug 2024.

I have a couple of questions w.r.t. the application form -
#1. In the application form, there was no mention of the new expiry. Shouldn't that be displayed? Note - I have a skilled worker Visa, valid till June 2026.

#2. In the form, the "Finance" section has a few questions, which I am answering on my daughter's behalf. But there is a section that has "Do you own or rent your home?", "How much mortgage do you pay each month?" etc. questions. Do I have to answer that as a parent who owns a home? or just select "No" in those questions?

#3. The IHS fee for this application is showing as £1,940.00. I have 22 months left on my Visa, which ideally applies to her application, too. The new IHS fee structure states £776.00 per year for an applicant under 18 years. Why am I asked to pay higher than expected?

Please advise.

subhachat
Newly Registered
India

Re: applying Visa extension for Child, dependent - Skilled Worker route

Post by subhachat » Fri Oct 04, 2024 1:22 pm

Dear Moderators,
Kindly help me with the queries. Your feedback is much appreciated.