ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Naturalisation Form - Referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

R34
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British Naturalisation Form - Referees

Post by R34 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:13 pm

Hi,

Apologies if this is not the right forum or place for the question.

I am currently applying for the British citizenship, and I am stuck on the referees sections.

I have seen that there is a list of professions that is available on Internet but not sure if it is exhaustive.

My plan was to ask two of my colleagues, one British, one not British (European citizens), that I've been working with since I arrived in the country 6 years ago. They are both still working in the same bank, and would have a role that is very close to an engineering role.

I am not sure if any banking employee is an approved person for a referee. Could you help me confirm if that would be valid or not?

As other potential candidates, I also have few friends that work in different fields (engineering) but I am not sure what is meant on the list when mentioned that they should have "professional qualifications".

Thanks,

R34
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: British Naturalisation Form - Referees

Post by R34 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:50 pm

Hi,

I'm sorry for chasing on this, but I have my appointment in 2 days and want to maximise my chances.

Thanks for your help,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:56 pm

My plan was to ask two of my colleagues, one British, one not British (European citizens), that I've been working with since I arrived in the country 6 years ago. They are both still working in the same bank, and would have a role that is very close to an engineering role.
You don't state what 'engineering role' this person does or should we guess?
As other potential candidates, I also have few friends that work in different fields (engineering) but I am not sure what is meant on the list when mentioned that they should have "professional qualifications".

Engineer with professional registration and qualifications is a Civil Engineer, Electrical Engineer etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

R34
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by R34 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:58 pm

Hi,

They are both Quantitative Analyst, one of them being the manager of the team.

Let me know if that is not enough information and I'll provide what is missing.

Thanks,
Nabil
Last edited by R34 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:03 pm

Not an Engineer then are they.

A bank official, i.e. bank clerk or bank manager, can sign as a professional referee.

What other options do you have as a professional referee?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

R34
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by R34 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:11 pm

Well, the role on a day to day basis really is an engineering role. But indeed, not engineer in the job title.

Manager in such a team, knowing that the company is a big company registered for VAT in the UK, is not valid either? As I've seen "Manager for VAT registered company" on the list.

Other options are, even though, I am not sure if it would work :
- Trader, in the same company. Usually, they are FCA registered to be allowed to practice their job.
- Marketing Brand Manager, but she is my girlfriend, and I don't know if she would be allowed to certify for me

Would any of the above option work?

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:18 pm

Manager in such a team, knowing that the company is a big company registered for VAT in the UK, is not valid either? As I've seen "Manager for VAT registered company" on the list.
Should be fine
Char (CR001 not Casa)

R34
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by R34 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:24 pm

For my own understanding, how would it be determined whether he really is a manager or not? Is it purely based on the Job title?

Reason for asking is, it happens that in some companies, you could have a manager role, without having it appearing clearly in your official job title. I will ask my manager whether this appears in his or not though.

R34
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by R34 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:02 am

Hi again,

So, actually, he confirmed his title his "Head of" + name of the team, so without a clear mention of being a manager/director, so the precious question actually becomes relevant for me.

I've found out, as an alternative, that a friend of mine, not related, is a Senior Brand Manager, so if the name really is what is used to determine the role, could that be an option?

Thanks again for your help.

R34
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by R34 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:14 pm

Hello,

Anyone would know about this?
I've tried to find the information on all the related topics, but I can't find any clear definitions of that.

Thanks,