ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E-Visa ID Check Challenge

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, Administrator

OA567
Newly Registered

E-Visa ID Check Challenge

Post by OA567 » Tue Oct 22, 2024 8:57 am

Hello,

Please, I have a UK ILR. I don't want to apply for my British citizenship yet.

I have created my E-Visa online account.

I tried using my ILR Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) to perform the ID check (as this is the document I used to create the account). The BRP was issued in January, 2015.

I could not use the BRP - after MANY attempts.

It appears that I may be able to use my Nigerian passport to perform the ID check; instead of using the ILR BRP.

So, I would like to use my Nigerian passport to perform the ID check.

Please, has anyone done this successfully ? If so, how did you do this, please ?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

'Yemi.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: E-Visa ID Check Challenge

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Oct 22, 2024 9:37 am

The system is very new and there are a lot of unknown unknowns. Try with your Nigerian passport and report back on what happens.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

OA567
Newly Registered

Re: E-Visa ID Check Challenge

Post by OA567 » Tue Oct 22, 2024 3:57 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt response. !

However, there is no option (at least that I can see) for me to use the Nigerian passport to perform the ID check.

I may have to send my BRP card over to the Home Office - to verify the authenticity.. I am aware they don't give you a timeline of how long it will take - before they return it.

Thank you very much !