ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fee waiver approved for skilled worker dependents but tokens are not working

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix

Khadija_53
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Fee waiver approved for skilled worker dependents but tokens are not working

Post by Khadija_53 » Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:36 pm

Hi,

My husband is skilled worker but he cannot afford to pay visa and IHS fees of his dependents. He applied for fee waiver for his dependents on human rights grounds and he clearly stated in his application that he is skilled worker and want to waived off fees for his dependent even the documents provided was clearly portray. Even though fee waive got approved and each individual was assigned a separate token for IHS exemption. But when being a dependent partner I submitted my visa application, I was being asked to pay full IHS rather than to put token for exemption.

When I emailed token issue team, they said this is not technical issue rather the fee waive was applied under human rights grounds but visa is applied under dependent partner route.

They asked me to contact hime office and I did so but no one on helpline was able to help me in this situation.

We are already on 3C leave that going to be end.

I want to know the options for us now where the home office has already approved fee waive for skilled worker dependents but not allowing to use those tokens into the relevant visa route..
To whom should I seek the urgent response from?

We were been given only 10 days to use those tokens rather than 28 days. And only 5 days are left now.

Please if you have any experience or you can guide me in my situation please respond me asap.

Kind Regards
Khadija

razergd1
Israel

Re: Fee waiver approved for skilled worker dependents but tokens are not working

Post by razergd1 » Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:59 pm

I don't think there is such a thing fee wavier under the SWV.
The fee wavier you applied for is for human rights application. This application are targeted at people applying under the private life routes or other family routes. In family routes the sponsor must be settled in the UK which means he must hold ILR or be a British citizen.

Unfortunately, SWV LTR does not fall under this nor SW dependents. Your only option as far as I understand is to pay the IHS and fees.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.
I take no responsibility for following them.