ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric appointment tomorrow - questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Biometric appointment tomorrow - questions

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:22 pm

Hi guys,

My husband has his biometric appointment at the VAC in Islamabad tomorrow.

To confirm, he needs to take the following with him:
- current and previous passport (which still has some validity on it but not enough to travel to the UK with)
- appointment confirmation
- 11 page online application, signed on page 2 and 10

How is he to attach his passport photograph - by stapling or gluing? I can't find any instruction on this

Thanks
Pakistan Spouse Visa Application
Online Application: 01/08/16
Biometrics: 09/08/16, Islamabad
Supporting docs sent to Sheffield: 09/08/16
Supporting docs received back: 12/08/16
Collection: 02/11/16
Visa granted alhamdulillah!

Pti2323

Re: Biometric appointment tomorrow - questions

Post by Pti2323 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:52 pm

rukhsarmanzoor wrote:Hi guys,

- current and previous passport (which still has some validity on it but not enough to travel to the UK with)

How is he to attach his passport photograph - by stapling or gluing? I can't find any instruction on this

Thanks
No need to attach the fotos - just take it with all the other docs,

Since I applied after 15 July - when the process has changed, They did not even take fotos or the online application from me, they only needed it to scan the barcode off it and that's it and asked me to submit biometrics. When I asked why don't u need the online app or fotos, they said now they have everything online. So yea here's the update.

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:57 pm

Pti2323 wrote:

Thanks

Since I applied after 15 July - when the process has changed, They did not even take fotos or the online application from me, they only needed it to scan the barcode off it and that's it and asked me to submit biometrics. When I asked why don't u need the online app or fotos, they said now they have everything online. So yea here's the update.

Did you/your sponsor not have to send the signed form with photo attached along with documents to Sheffield?

Pti2323

Post by Pti2323 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:47 pm

rukhsarmanzoor wrote:
Pti2323 wrote:

Thanks

Did you/your sponsor not have to send the signed form with photo attached along with documents to Sheffield?
Yes you do need to send the signed form to Sheffield. I was talking about your query about VAC in Pakistan.

For docs to Sheffield - I attached fotos with form with a paper clip

Pti2323

Post by Pti2323 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:20 am

Keep us updated about when do up get your supporting documents back from Sheffield

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:30 am

Pti2323 wrote:Keep us updated about when do up get your supporting documents back from Sheffield
I sent my documents on the 9th August a couple of hours after husband was done with his biometric appointment (as he had already sent me a signed form and his passport photos in the post). No confirmation email from them as of yet, but I've tracked the delivery and it arrived yesterday, was signed for around 10am.

Now the waiting game begins!

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:20 pm

rukhsarmanzoor wrote:
Pti2323 wrote:Keep us updated about when do up get your supporting documents back from Sheffield
I sent my documents on the 9th August a couple of hours after husband was done with his biometric appointment (as he had already sent me a signed form and his passport photos in the post). No confirmation email from them as of yet, but I've tracked the delivery and it arrived yesterday, was signed for around 10am.

Update: just got an email confirmation to say they've received our application

ana ali

Post by ana ali » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:37 pm

Can you give me on which address did you send documents to Sheffield?

quote="rukhsarmanzoor"]
rukhsarmanzoor wrote:

Update: just got an email confirmation to say they've received our application[/quote]

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:47 pm

ana ali wrote:Can you give me on which address did you send documents to Sheffield?
I used this address and I used special delivery (saw that it arrived there and signed for).

Settlement applications
The Portergate – Level 1 (Home Office - UKVI)
257 Ecclesall Road
Sheffield
S11 8NX
United Kingdom

I've just checked the page, they updated it again on 9th August and there's a different address :shock:
https://www.gov.uk/government/world-loc ... n-pakistan
They are now saying send documents to this address
UK Visas and Immigration International
Po Box 5852
SHEFFIELD
S11 0FX

The instructions underneath have also been updated, they're asking to also write the name of the VAC (Mirpur, Islamabad etc) in addition to the GWF number outside the envelope and on the first page of your bundle. They've now asked not to staple anything and clarified that it's normal if docs are returned before a decision. So I guess this is all in line with the 'new process' of scanning or copying our documents.

I would use the latest address currently on the website (you're in the same confused situation I was) and go for special delivery for your peace of mind

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:50 pm

Just got my docs back (posted 09/08/16 returned 12//08/16). Clearly been handled (staples removed and order changed). Everything has been returned apart from one payslip and one statement.

There was a note at the front with my name and the GWF reference number, dated 11 August saying copies have been retained, all originals are being returned to me. This is a normal part of the process and I don't need to take further action. If anything else is required, they'll email. Hope not as I'll be abroad in a months time :|