ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR or ILR please suggest

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eearor
Newly Registered

PR or ILR please suggest

Post by eearor » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:16 pm

I came to UK on 2007
Got Married on 2010 with EEa national.
Got 1 yr family residence.
Extended for 5 yrs Residence permit. Which expired on 15/09/2016
Got divorced finalized on 25/06/2016.
Applied ROR on 24/08/2016 which is valid till 2021

Please suggest me if i should can apply PR under EEA regulation or not please.
ILR with long stay 10years route is there but i will save a lot of money if i go through EEA route.Just not sure if i am eligible for PR or not.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PR or ILR please suggest

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:19 pm

For ILR Long Residence, you need proof of your ex spouse being a qualified person exercising treaty rights for the WHOLE period your were on the EEA route.

What visa did you come to the UK on in 2007?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

eearor
Newly Registered

Post by eearor » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:25 pm

CR001 wrote:For ILR Long Residence, you need proof of your ex spouse being a qualified person exercising treaty rights for the WHOLE period your were on the EEA route.

I came here as a student.

Do i need to prove my ex spouse being a qualified person exercising treaty rights under EEA ? I am on Retain Rights. I can prove she was exercising treaty at time time of marriage and divorce but it's bit difficult to prove the whole 6 years.

Any suggestions please..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:08 pm

If you were on the EEA route for 6 years, you need to provide evidence of ex exercising treaty rights for the WHOLE 6 years. The Set(LR) form is very clear on this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

eearor
Newly Registered

Post by eearor » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:20 pm

CR001 wrote:If you were on the EEA route for 6 years, you need to provide evidence of ex exercising treaty rights for the WHOLE 6 years. The Set(LR) form is very clear on this.

Thanks,
Am i eligible for PR under EEA rules?

I can prove my ex was working i have some pay slips but i am not sure i have the whole 6 years? It's bit stressful any other options please?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:21 am

eearor wrote:
CR001 wrote:For ILR Long Residence, you need proof of your ex spouse being a qualified person exercising treaty rights for the WHOLE period your were on the EEA route.

Do i need to prove my ex spouse being a qualified person exercising treaty rights under EEA ? I am on Retain Rights. I can prove she was exercising treaty at time time of marriage and divorce but it's bit difficult to prove the whole 6 years.

Any suggestions please..
If your ex wife was exercising treaty rights for at least 5 continuous years during your marriage with you in the UK and you haven't been absent for over 2 consecutive years since that time, then you may apply for confirmation of PR.
eearor wrote:I came to UK on 2007
Why didn't you apply for PR since 2015?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

eearor
Newly Registered

Post by eearor » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:20 pm

vinny wrote:
eearor wrote:

Any suggestions please..

If your ex wife was exercising treaty rights for at least 5 continuous years during your marriage with you in the UK and you haven't been absent for over 2 consecutive years since that time, then you may apply for confirmation of PR.
eearor wrote:I came to UK on 2007
Why didn't you apply for PR since 2015?

Thanks for the reply,
Actually our divorce took more than a year to finalize. It took from end of 2014 -2016 because of the broken relationship and on and off touch i could not have all the paperworks for the PR. So i had to apply for ROR.

Any suggestion for Ilr or Pr application please?